1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Love officially a Cavalier

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by davidio840, Aug 23, 2014.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

A bit like TMac with Carter!

Or maybe Wiggins was never gonna be good?
    Or maybe he will be good anyway, and Minny did something right?

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This just made me rethink what could have been.
    We were literally so close to being heavy championship contenders with the bosh signing. Now all we can hope for is a deep playoff run. Love this team, harden is definitely my favorite player and Howard has made me a believer, but we just can't be considered contenders

3. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Great trade for both teams, actually. Well, for all 3 considering tanking is the name of the game for Philly.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What's the difference between TMac and Carter vs TMac and Grant Hill. TMac and Hill were more identical players than TMac/Carter. TMac seemed to cherish to sign to play with an identical player. And remember, that was pre-Hill injury.

5. MONON

MONON Member

Varejao (31) & Haywood (34) are centers; Miller (34) & Jones (33) are small forwards and John Lucas III is a point guard. After that, Love at 25 is the eldest player on the team. To me that's a fairly young team that James (29) will take to the finals in 2015-16. :eek: I think it'll take a year for them to jell.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Finally LBJ will not have to lead the team in points, assists and rebounds

7. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

great trade for Minnesota

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

If you're going to be great, you're going to be great. I prefer Wiggins have this pressure right off the bat rather than ease himself into his potential.

The Cavs want to win now. Wiggins' role wouldn't be smaller as the season went on if he had remained with the Cavs.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think LBJ will face more scrutiny and hate for his Super Friends 2.0 get together.... Uh oh

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Totally agree with this. I just think learning from LeBron (both his leadership and example on the court) would be better for Wiggins than being coached by an old shoe like Flip.

For the record, I don't believe Wiggins will be great. His fans (not me) will then blame the T-Wolves franchise instead of Wiggins himself. Watch.

11. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

T-wolves got a lot back for a player that only has one year left on his contract. If only we had an option to do that with one of our good player, oh wait...

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

LBJ really has nothing to complain about. Lucky man..... Good job Cavs... Congrats!!!

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You just got Morey'd !!!! Congrats.... Good man

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's official. <a href="http://t.co/cnr7WSoy0k">pic.twitter.com/cnr7WSoy0k</a></p>&mdash; Kyle Ratke (@Kyle_Ratke) <a href="https://twitter.com/Kyle_Ratke/statuses/503240659470651392">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Man, this is all so freakin' weird. A year ago I would never have believed this would all happen. Too strange.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

But he likes Mchale

17. PeppermintCandy

T-wolves got as much out of a potentially bad situation. Saved about two seasons worth of rebuilding.

oh wait, we had nowhere near as good a player as Love.

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

guaranteed eastern conference finals for the next 2 years....life ain't fair. Let's relocate h-town to the east coast

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

not sure what your point is: My point is Kevin Love has 7 (SEVEN) years under his belt never once getting his team over .500

Now he gets redeemed and all fantasy league kids can proclaim he is great. But yet he sucks.

Just like Pau Gasol...dude was 0-12 in playoff game. Dude never actually even won one game in the playoffs. "What"? Then he gets lucky and traded to Kobe. And people actually say he delivered the rings vs Kobe.

so sigh

Kevin Love is not a plus player at his fantasy stats level, but he will soon be proclaimed that.

1 person likes this.
  20. Rokman

Rokman Member

This should finally allow teams who were vying for Love (Phoenix, Boston, Etc.) to start making the trades they have been sitting due to all this madness. Expect to see some names moving this next week now that the gridlock is over. Let's hope the Rockets have a kick as deal up there sleeve....