1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Two softies :D

2. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

how's he behaving exactly??

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Naysayed the coach in postgame yesterday.

Kerr: Team lacked anger and intensity (or something like that)

Durant, when asked about comments: Who? (as if he didn't know who Kerr was.) Um... Um... I thought we were supposed to play from joy. (delivered almost sarcastically)

Deckard likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

He isn't pulling any punches with anyone, be that the media or his own coaches and teammates.

He has already had several run ins with Draymond Green on the court or on the bench. His body language hasn't been all that great and he has not really played quite up to his standards. Also Klay Thompson has criticized Durant for not commenting on his upcoming free agency.

The truth is, I don't think there are a lot of players in the Warriors locker room that are terribly close to Durant. They all do their thing and he is just kind of there.

slothy420, RichieBanks, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Steve Kerr is such a fake. The guy is lucky he fell into coaching a team with 4 Hall of Famers in their prime...... he knows he is worthless, and his players know he isn't worth a damn..... he just tries to kiss their ass so there isn't a mutiny. What an absolutely phony guy.

6. B-Bob

Meh, I'm not so negative on him, at all. He greatly improved on the Jackson teams with basically the same lineup at first. He's a smart basketball guy and (despite how smug he gets about the Warriors) a decent human being who has an interesting background. He actually has a sense of humor with the media sometimes (though more often when they're winning, it's true).

If you really hate him, you can rest assured he's suffered mightily in his success. That back-spinal-severe-headache thing he had is still not totally gone.

Durant is a child, period. Difficult for any coach, I think, and he's going to get more difficult as he gets older actually. More petulant.

But I'll say this: the players are probably totally sick of Kerr's schtick. Very few coaches are immune to that. And he totally did predict, on air last year at about this time: he said if they eventually won the championship in 2018 (and they did) that his team would be basically impossible to motivate in the following year. That was prescient. Maybe because he's a crappy coach, but moreso, if you ask me, because the chemical mix of the team has expired.

But we're picking nits. We all loathe the Worriers, and they are losing, and this is a wonderful thing to behold. :D

#1646 B-Bob, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    smp, RayRay10, Deckard and 6 others like this.
  7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Man, most of these superstars seem completely miserable and annoyed they even have to play

smp, RichieBanks and Nook like this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

9. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I'm so happy that we are having this discussion. I've looked forward to this for a long time.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I wonder if people would be surprised if Durant went to the Clippers.

11. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Honest question, because I don't really know- what about his style would the players not like?

12. PatBev

PatBev Member

It would be hilarious if him and Kyrie went to the clips instead of the lakers. Magic and lebron would be so salty

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it's possible. Isn't it Jerry West that convinced him to come to the Warriors?

14. B-Bob

I don't know. I'm just saying all coaches wear on their players, especially in the modern era, where players have more power and are basically more coddled and spoiled (IMO). So take that backdrop and then go to four straight finals. Instead of five years with the players, that's the equivalent of seven years worth of games, seven years worth of motivational speeches, seven years worth of pointing out what they need to improve on. Every damn day.

So it's less about Kerr, but I think these situations have expiration dates in most cases. (I could be very wrong. They have the components to run off a bunch more titles if they can overcome the malaise each year.)

Deckard and Nolen like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Warriors Confused Why Kevin Durant Doesn't Seem More Enthused By Situation

Kevin Durant has been linked with leaving the Golden State Warriors for several weeks and his behavior has suggested he's unhappy with his situation.

Durant is in his third season with the Warriors and are overwhelming favorites to win their third title in as many seasons.

"Only (Durant) can speak for himself, but the Warriors are definitely routinely confused as to why he doesn't seem more enthused by what they have all built together," wrote Sam Amick.

Durant didn't speak to the media for a week and a half following the New York Knicks clearing 2019 cap space. When he did speak to the media again for the first time, he was confrontational about an article written on him.

More recently, Durant criticized a suggestion by Steve Kerr that the Warriors need to play with "an anger."

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Steph: Guys...I don't know why KD is not happy. We've won 2 championships with him and he's been Finals MVP twice
    Klay: I don't get it either. Dude's one of the greatest ever.

[​IMG]

Steph and Klay: Oh yea....right....

RayRay10 and J.R. like this.
  17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

You guys think if Kawhi Leonard went to the Clippers Durant would join him?

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Whatever KD is searching for, it is clear he didn't really achieve it (or all of it) in GS.

I think he is gone. Likely to NY.

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  19. MystikArkitect

And then there’s Harden.

Kyrie and Durant seem like miserable dudes.

Richie_Rich and whiskeyred like this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That's because Durant probably knows he ****ed up leaving OKC. He thought winning a championship would bring him satisfaction, but he knows deep inside the way he won was not the real way to win. His legacy is semi tarnished because he joined an elite team to win. In general, history will remember Kevin just being another member of the team but not the elite member (even if he won the finals MVP twice).

Deuce, Richie_Rich, smp and 1 other person like this.