1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This kind of mentality is why LeBron NEVER got the respect other all-time greats got when he won rings in Miami.

If you are considered one of the greatest players in a generation, you don't just want to win, you want to win in a way people respect you as worthy of putting you among the all-time greats.

Kobe is a lesser player than LeBron, and has a lot more haters. But he has more respect as a winner than LeBron, before LeBron finally got one this past season on his own merit.

#122 Easy, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I understand this point of view, but the Warriors put themselves in position to make moves like this. There was a bit of luck involved with moves that were previously made or not made, but sometimes it takes that.

If the Rockets were able to do this all the Rox fans would be jumping for joy.

More than ever I'm disappointed in Les. We need to make good basketball moves, not just for the hope of being more exciting. Golden State has made great basketball moves and it's paying off in a big way.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

What a p***y

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I am super excited to watch all 98 Warriors games next season on National TV

To hell with Root Sports

6. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I completely agree with this. We were in such a similar position, I thought the Rockets and Warriors were gonna have a healthy rivalry for years, and then GSW just stepped the **** up. Where did the Rockets go?

1 person likes this.
  7. mightybosstone

The fact that this is essentially a one-year deal kind of diminishes the significance of the signing for me a bit. Obviously this is still a huge deal for Golden State. But they pretty much have one year to build chemistry and put this together. If they start slow or get hurt or don't end up working together and the Warriors don't bring home the title, we'll be sitting here in a year awaiting another announcement.

Look at the last three "super teams" that formed via free agency: Lakers, Heat and Cavs. All three failed to win a title in their first year. The last team to do so was the KG/Allen/Pierce Celtics, and those guys were all seasoned veterans who were willing to sacrifice and play their roles for the betterment of the team. Will these guys be willing to do the same?

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is the delicious part of Decision II for Rockets fans. Truly.

Barnes, the German mummy, and the exhumed remains of Deron Williams. :eek: We may actually beat them with our crutch-enabled cast.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No, but they will be annoying. I know a couple people who work at the Apple corporate office in Austin, and gotdamn they are annoying. They get sucked into the Apple cult.

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Why did he leave? I thought the Thunder got better.

11. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

pretty much my thoughts too...regular season is meaningless. KD going to the east would have made it slightly more interesting.

now its cavs have east locked up warriors out west. just skip to the finals

12. RESINator

RESINator Member

This is just a foreboding of whats to come in the next couple years one Harden's contract is up. Mark my words. It would not surprise me if he comes running out of Houston with tail between his legs and this organization sucked dry of its balls coddling him.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Very strange like every kid looks up to and thinks curry & KD are their favorite players.

Now they play for the same team, that's crazy

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

omfg, this comment made me laugh louder than any other ever. honestly. good one. :grin::grin:

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Are they burning Durant jerseys yet?

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Worst July 4th ever

17. Nook

Nook Member

There was a lot of luck involved.

The Warriors GM didn't draft Klay Thompson or Steph Curry.

Durant very well could have signed with the Rockets had he been a free agent a year earlier.

Either way the league needs to do something to limit the absolute elite players from leaving.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I've lost all respect for him with this move.

19. cdain3

cdain3 Member

I'm done with the NBA.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Even the fact that he didn't take a max contract screams "sell out".

He is selling his soul for the best chance at a quick ring. Going to a huge rival team that JUST beat his original team in a heated series, and turning down guaranteed money to do it.

This is the new NBA, where players view everything through the lense of "how can I market myself", and view themselves as more of a business than a competitive sportsman.

IT'S ON NOW KD.