1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant says he really likes Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2023.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No question we need a competent coaching staff. I'm definitely not giving up on him.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He just needs to perform and do his part. There's no excuse for not giving effort, he wants to be the best player in the world (his words) well the best player in the world is the one who doesn't get demotivated when others do. He's the one who shows the others how to stay motivated.

I'm sure Green will improve but a lack of effort is not acceptable even if the organization accepts it.

noppeper and maypk like this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

That’s not how tanking works. The coach is not intentionally trying to lose, he is trying to win, but just incompetent at it. The GM is the one who intentionally tries to lose in a tank job - trading Wood for basically nothing, forcing Wall to sit etc.

fattz likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imagine you are a waiter in a restaurant and you know your boss wants you to treat customers bad in order that he may go bankrupt and collect government check for bankrupt businesses, but he never tells you so, but of course you know very well what he wants you to (not) do...you also see your bosses treat the other waiters that do their job well like ****...so whats gonna be?
    of course you cant help but help your boss that is paying you the salary by not doing your job how it's supposed to be done...

NewAge likes this.
  5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Feels like we are winning and competing more without KPJ overall.

King1 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Durant also chose to go play with Kyrie Irving too so let’s not think too much into this one.

That being said Sengun is super fun to watch and root for. Nothing would make me happier than if he did develop in a way that offers an Avenue to build a contender.

7. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

The first point is not one you should use your “feelings” for. They are NOT winning more. They won once in 8 games before last night. The obsessions with KPJ is especially pathetic when it means you look at your feelings about W/L rather than the actual W/L.

Then they competed and won with Sengun out - 1-0. Also 1-0 now without Green in 2023. So is it Sengun holding them back? Or is it Green? It depends - what fits your personal narrative the best?

This fan base is as disjointed and unaccountable as the players right now.

SkareKrow, NewAge and Mathloom like this.
  8. foh

foh Member

Not to nitpick but Kyrie was top 20 player when they joined Nets and nothing but basketball skills can be assessed from afar by non-Rockets players in the league. This seems like a positive if for no other reason than this apparent buzz raises trade value of one of our players. Unless this is some sort of mind game to break one of our promising rookies from the pressure of expectations or internal discord. If that's the case, well damn, KD is a total snake!

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Multiple sources are saying that Sengun is seeking a buyout to head to Brooklyn.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The NBA is a big popularity club. It’s a great thing that Sengun is getting buzz for sure.

BamBam and burlesk like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

First and foremost I can say or feel whatever the **** I want and there's nothing you can do about it fool. If you dont like it put me on ignore. I'll make as many posts about one player as I want YOU CAN CRY ABOUT IT IDGAF.

Second I feel like they are competing more without him. I love the way the team looks and seems without him. I think youre the one obsessed because YOU WANT HIM. I dont want him so how can I be obsessed with something I dont want, that makes no sense. I wish he wasnt on the team and then I'd never talk about him again.

However sadly he just like Nix (sigh) is on the ****ing team and im making a post. Actually that was the first post Ive had about KPJ specifically in several posts. The person getting in their feelings is you. Cuz youre crying like a little b**** that someone made a post about him. Im not sure how you even survive here crying about someone making a post about a player. What a ridiculous notion lol anyway get off my nuts.

#131 Joe Rocket, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  12. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Time for a members-only meeting.

Clutch may want the board to tank for the top pick in the fan draft, but we don't have to accept that. We don't need the next Jack Nicholson or whatever, those guys are all hype, we can compete for a chip with what we have.

#132 burlesk, Jan 29, 2023
    hakeem94 likes this.
  13. cmlmel77

Wow. What an interesting response. I am not crying about anything, I’m not a fan of KPJ or any individual player, and I didn’t reference your posting history because I don’t know who you are (and I don’t care).

But win/loss is not a feeling, it is a statistic. If that makes you so angry that you need to curse and ascribe anger to me, that just reinforces my point that this fan base is in such a bad place that random people feel compelled to throw hissy fits because they can’t differentiate a feeling from a statistic.

#133 cmlmel77, Jan 29, 2023
    Mathloom likes this.
  14. NewAge

NewAge Member

Big Daddy energy in this post. I like it.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

"The obsessions with KPJ is especially pathetic when it means you look at your feelings about W/L rather than the actual W/L"

Im not angry youre just being a little b**** to me and I told you to **** right off. And im gonna say it again before I put you on ignore. Im sick of people saying shitty things to you and then playing victim its getting old. I was just posting what I felt about KPJ as is my right as a poster. If you dont like it you can **** right off. You clearly are a KPJ stan didnt like what I said and wanted to start some **** with me. Anyway on ignore you go with the other KPJ dick riders.

16. cmlmel77

You are absolutely correct that I told you that W/L is a fact and not a feeling. If you feel that is a “shitty thing to say”, that is indeed your right as a poster.

It is also a feeling and not a fact. With a few more examples, maybe you will catch on.

P.S. I will provide a feeling of my own. I feel you might indeed be angry despite saying otherwise. I also feel you might be not quite be sober. On the factual side, I will absolutely be happy to take your advice and ignore you. Ciao!

17. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

i don’t disagree I’m just not seeing evidence that Silas doesn’t like Sengun. That seems like conjecture to me.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't even care whether he "likes" him or not. What I saw was that he didn't give him the touches or minutes he gave to his two guards, he yanked him faster, didn't let him play in crunchtime, keeps talking about his flaws when he never does that about KPJ and Jalen, etc. He also started Bruno freaking "lob threat" Fernando over him, who is a fringe NBA player.

I don't really care about the motivation behind it, but it has been gross mismanagement of talent.

CircaSurvive and hakeem94 like this.
  19. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Oh I agree Silas is a terrible coach. I just don’t presume his mismanagement of Sengun was personal, or that he has a bias against European players based on a sample size of one.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I think the ball moves better without KPJ and the majority of people are just ready to have him gone just like every other team he's be on. He's a complete waste of time. That being said, you're accurate that in general this team is absolutely terrible and outside of Sengun nobody is doing their job. Seems like they've all checked out. We have no leadership because Silas is such an awful coach