1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant says Harden better than Wade...Wade Responds

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Sep 25, 2013.

?

Who is the best SG in the league...

1. Wade

17 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Bryant

32 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Harden

225 vote(s)
    81.8%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Posted in the Dish.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If we are talking about this year, then there is no question.

3. hahachui

hahachui Member

Show me don't tweet me! Haha

4. Ultimate6thMan

I'm shocked by the poll results!!!!! :eek:

How could Kobe get any votes with that torn achilies? :p

5. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

for the past two yrs.

6. SeabrookMiglla

hard to say.

wade is a more of an accomplished player, and has become the #2 next to lebron where as harden has become #1 option. although if i were to pick a player to put on my team right now, without a doubt i will pick harden. wade is starting to get up there, but he still has an incredible skill set. so i guess its like, wade has more experience but harden has more athleticism. not to knock harden, but he is still young and has a lot to prove as a player. this past season, he was awesome but some of his weaknesses were exposed. i still dont like how he goes for the foul so much, but i think he will be solidified in the top ten if he keeps having good seasons like he has been having.

7. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

The ranking that KD was talking about is for this year and he is right. Harden is much better player now. I loved Wade and thought he played like he was 6-10 but because of that he broke down quick. He is still good but he is a shadow of the guy that put the Heat on his shoulders (with fat Shaq) and beat the Dallas for the Title.

Get better on defense Harden or you'll be Dominique or Charles Barkley instead of being a winner. Rockets won't win a title regardless of Howard if he plays the garbage defense he currently plays.

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

"Lebron! Durant said Harden is better than me!" - Wade
    "Ok... I'll pad your career achievements with another championship" - Lebron
    "That'll make him respect me!" - Wade

9. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Of course Harden is better. Kobe is in the twilight of his career, while Wade is clearly showing signs of decline. No one in the league except Tim Duncan can win against Father Time.

I'd take prime Wade against prime Harden though, mostly because I haven't seen prime Harden yet.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why get worked up over a KD/D-Wade marketing stunt? :rolleyes:

11. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Durant to Houston!!

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Durant is trying to start crap between the Rockets and the Heat.

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I think this might be the last season that Wade would be better than Harden. I think it'll be more of a tie with Harden leading by a little. By the time the 14-15 season starts Harden should be the undisputed best SG in the league. Miles away from every other guy. Wade averaged 21-5-5 on 52 percent shooting playing behind Lebron James. That's pretty damn good for the 2nd guy.

I don't know. Maybe I'm giving Wade too much credit and Harden not enough. Plus Wade should feel pretty confident about himself coming off his 3rd championship as a key contributor. I mean who wouldn't?

I see nothing wrong with KD favoring his brother over Wade, as I see nothing wrong with Wade favoring himself over Harden. They're both pretty damn good.

14. Marteen

Marteen Member

I'm really shocked that so many voted for Harden. I'm a Rockets fan and know that Kobe is the better SG. Maybe Harden establishes himself as the best SG this upcoming season, but it's Kobe right now without question. Kobe averaged more points, assists, and rebounds per game while shooting at a higher field goal percentage than Harden... at 34 vs. 23.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

They had identical PER last season. Kobe is 35 years old and recovering from a debilitating leg surgery. James is 24 and 100% healthy.

It's arguable which of the two was better last season, but Harden CLEARLY has a higher Expected Value for next season and every season after until Kobe retires, which will be soon.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Also, Kobe's FG% may have been higher, but that is deceptive because he shot a much lower percentage from 3P land and drew fewer fouls.

Harden was the more efficient player last season. Kobe was more of a chucker.

17. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

i voted harden because im a homer haha

18. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

They had the exact same eFG% (.540), but Harden was a much more efficient scorer due to his ability to draw fouls. His TS% was .600 while Kobe's was .570.

19. gengar

gengar Member

you also have to remember PER is not a good statistic for defense. Kobe may not be known for his defensive prowess but I'm pretty sure he's still a level ahead of Harden in that regard. We all know Harden's jumpers are pretty legit, but Kobe's jumpers are Jordan-esque. At age 34......The poll asks who is the best SG in the league, not "who is the best SG from now on" which means it's asking presently. Kobe is still the best SG in the league, until his age really takes a toll on him