1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

nobody really wants Irving unless they’re incredibly desperate or he brings along KD

Kyrie truly has 1 of the worst reps in the league…he’s that good, and that talented, yet nobody wants him

luckyman76, jcmoon, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hard to see the 2023 pick convey BUT it could hapoen and would seemingly up our lotto odds.

joshuaao and Mkieke like this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I agree. I was super hype before the Kyrie opt in, but it really all depends on how big Sean Marks cojones are. If he says screw what KD wants and goes for the best deal involving picks mainly, then it's great for us and likely would mean Kyrie package would be similar to a worse extent given he's expiring.
    If they bend the knee to KD's list of teams, these teams have to give up quality young players along with a possibly motivated Simmons and more and they could be a late lottery team to play in team. I can't envision Nets letting Kyrie stay and play if he plans to leave next summer. Wouldn't they make him sit until a deal was found? If he plays-yeah, that sucks for us.

I personally think it's a 96 Rockets level mistake to blow up the nucleus for Barkley/KD. Phoenix can't rely on just KD and Booker with CP potentially injured for a series as usual. Funny how Suns are about to make the same mistake the Rockets made with them so long ago. I do love me some Monty and CP3 and wish them well. Can't stand Booker though, punk ass little b****. I see what KD trying to do though. Chuck said be the bus driver, now KD gonna drive the Suns bus to a championship to shove it in Chucks face.

5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Nets since moving to Brooklyn have been a complete disaster, not that they were much better in New Jersey.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

nah bra . Don’t get me wrong , lebron also makes moves to get him the highest shot at a ring .

but wade was already in Miami , and all they brought was bosh . Very good player . Durant win to a 70 ****ing win team .

not only did Durant go to the clear #1 in the league , he went to a team that got preferential treatment from the league .

while the heat and lebron were villains ... the warriors remained nbas golden team and Durant took the heap of the hate .

had in an alternate universe KD and kyrie going straight to bkn would’ve been recieved way better . They also would have only won like 50 games

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Simmons
    Seth
    Harris
    Bridges
    Ayton

jcmoon and mike2k132 like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Doesn't he have his stepmother as his agent? This is pretty much pure Kyrie.

9. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Between the two I‘d expect something like 5 first round picks and at least two promising young guys - maybe less picks and more talent or the other way around.

10. swakid8

swakid8 Member

Somebody needs call the FBI on Stone, dude committed grand larceny on a whole another level lol

Entropy, luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're about to be disappointed then because KD will get a package of this level on his own

As both Woj/Marks have mentioned this will be a historic/unprecedented return

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I got destroyed mentioning that we might be able to get KD....and give them a pick or two back.....well...now....maybe.

DD

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are KD and Kyrie more than just friends? This is ridiculous

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. xaos

xaos Member

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It's not that hard actually. It's going to be tough for the Nets to make the playoffs next year. The Heat, Celtics, Bucks, and 6ers are very likely to be better than them if they lose KD. Then you have the Raptors, Bulls, Hawks, and Cavs who I'd put ahead of them. The Nets are in a group with the Knicks Hornets, Wizards and Pistons imo. I could easily see them finishing around 12-13 in the East. If that happens they have a decent shot of getting in the top 4. And if that happens the Rockets simply have to miss out and take the swap.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Why am I so nervous about the Nets receiving a legit package that ultimately improves their long term trajectory??

mikenm268 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Agree to disagree. Wade won his ring in Miami what? 4 seasons prior? The Heatles big 3 formation was extreme levels of hype. They were getting a parade before playing together and like i said before...KD never makes his move if LeBron doesn't do this. They were supposed to have a Bird and Magic rivalry in terms of career legacies and Bron and went and did this and forced KD's hand. Again with the move to LA and grabbing prime AD. KD had to make anotehr move that unfortunately Kyrie and Harden ruined. This Nets failure aint on KD. A smaller KD foot changes history. A weak and pathetic LeBron move started it all.
    [​IMG]

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

LeBron isn’t weak. He’s smart. He didn’t fall for the sucker trick of losing the franchise lotto and relying on bad/cheap management to build around you. He decided to take his fate in his own hands and make owners pay top dollar to contend, and it worked 4 times.