1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Pretty much. People here know who I am. No curtain. I'm not an overweight red rowdie or someone who looks like they're barely entering puberty. We can always bet on it though. Glad you called me King. At least you know the totem pole

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Morey happened. Simmons tried to force his way out of Philly. Instead of caving, Morey insisted on good value in a trade or was okay with letting Simmons rot. The Nets finally gave Morey what Morey wanted, but the harm to Simmons's name is irreparable as he sat just too long. With Simmons's name being mud, he's not going to benefit of the doubt with injuries or with ramping up to game shape. It is going to rough for him to prove himself to teammates even if he gets his body right.

#1102 Joe Joe, Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, even if that was true.... and it probably isn't, it's beyond pathetic that you seem to think that would be impressive.

You definitely come across as a pathetic basement dweller.

If you really were someone, you wouldn't feel the need to keep desperately trying to make randoms on the internet think you were someone.

Of course, none of that really matters, what's relevant is that you come across as a moron with some of the least intelligent hot takes, desperate for attention. You could be KD and it wouldn't change that.

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

king1 is a hateful troll with zero intelligence. I disagree with a lot of your and dd’s takes, but you both have legitimate basketball takes. Moron one is the definition of a basement dwelling pimply little sh*t troll that talks a big game, but has none.

jiggyfly, DaDakota and Bobbythegreat like this.
  5. King1

It's definitely true. You calling me a moron is a compliment. Like the rest of society I don't want to be associated with you.

6. King1

Keep crying

7. King1

@Hemingway that's you in your av. Wow. No comment

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.... sure.

The problem kiddo is that if it's true, it's even more pathetic than if you are a basement dweller desperately seeking the attention of randoms on the internet.

So, are you a pathetic loser, or are you even more pathetic than that?

Anyway, you've had more than enough attention for today, run along.

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It’s just a stupid picture I found, but who cares other than your trolling Jr. High ass.

10. King1

Yeah ok lol. You can't bother me because you're irrelevant.

11. King1

High? Yeah right. You talk like you're 12.
    Edit. Jr High insult. Even worse. Go follow Bobby around or the other bums. They might need their litter changed

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

you are

jiggyfly and DaDakota like this.
  13. omgTHEpotential

Why is this trash in the GARM. Is someone seriously considering something as reetarded as trading for KD? If it's for tracking the picks/swaps, I.D.I.O.T

#1113 omgTHEpotential, Aug 9, 2022
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Savage.

Xerobull likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It’s taking note of what’s going on. In hopes of the Nets crashing and burning creating wonderful assets for the Rockets. You currently have to parse through the comments of adult males arguing and calling each other names on the internet though.

#1115 peleincubus, Aug 9, 2022
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope this is revisionist history.

1. I would have drafted Mobley over Green
    2. Once we drafted Green I was uninspired by his terrible start
    3. I supported Green was just bugged that he was playing so poorly - never did I want him to fail.

Criticism is not hate, their is a vast difference than what King is doing which is trolling and name calling - it used to get you a ban around here - it still should as comments like that will lead this place into a direction of toxicity.

DD

#1116 DaDakota, Aug 9, 2022
    xiki, charlieaustin and Plowman like this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think we should focus on the topic of the thread without getting personal. KD seems to be just as flaky as Kyrie!

He wants the GM and the coach to be removed. Steve Nash wasn't upto the task, but Marks is pretty good. Ben Simmons is clearly not inspiring any confidence, neither are TJ Warren or Royce O'Neal. KD's behavior is reducing the leverage of the Nets.

The Nets can't retain KD anymore, and no one has to give up much for him. The Celtics might want to retain Brown over him. Will GSW mortgage their future for KD? They might not have to give up too much for him either.

#1117 saleem, Aug 9, 2022
    Plowman likes this.
  18. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

It can come across as hate when people criticize loudly and support quietly. There was still no reason to be so bugged about Green having to adjust to the NBA, and even then his struggles were as much a by-product of the two-bigs-and-Tate lineup that made everyone else play poorly too.

saleem, Verbal Christ and DaDakota like this.
  19. mightybosstone

Lebron is the second most productively dominant player in the history of the NBA. This isn't really debatable. And aside from 3-point and free throw shooting, what does Curry do better than Lebron? Literally nothing. Lebron is so statistically superior both in terms of peak/prime and longevity-wise, that it's kind of laughable to suggest Curry is even in the same class, and that's before you factor in the impact the two have defensively and the postseason production, where Lebron is just head and shoulders ahead of Curry.

I get that most legacy conversations are subjective, but this one's just not. No competent NBA analyst with any credibility would agree with that. Has Curry cracked the top 10 conversation after finally having a dominant postseason/Finals performance? Sure, I'll buy that. But there's zero chance he ever catches Lebron in the legacy discussion, and you'd have to truly hate the guy or do some crazy mental gymnastics to buy into this argument.

Curry got to play with an all-time great system surrounded by elite role players, was allowed to underpeform in the playoffs pretty much his whole career until last year and got carried by Durant for two of his rings. Meanwhile, Lebron's best role players in his first stint in Cleveland were Mo Williams, Ilgauskas and a past-his-prime Antawn Jamison. So, yeah, I think it's safe to say Curry got dealt a better hand than Lebron did.

Does Duncan deserve more credit than Shaq because he got gifted Parker, Ginobil and Popovich? What if Lebron gets a prime Pippen or Shaq early in his career like Jordan and Kobe did? Does Kobe deserve credit for pouting after he forced Shaq out, threatening to leave the team until he got gifted a second dynasty with Gasol and Odom?

Saying "Player A deserves more credit than Player B because Player A stayed" completely ignores the context surrounding why one guy leaves and another one stays. If we're sitting here 19 years into Lebron's career and he had zero or one title to his name, but he'd stayed with Cleveland, the same people who ripped on him for leaving would be ripping on him for not winning more rings with a trash supporting cast his whole career. Fans have an absurd double standard when it comes to rings. Win too few? Should have won more. Leave your franchise to try and win titles? Should have stayed with your original team. It's infuriating to me.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Fair enough.

DD

saleem and Zen Tabak like this.