1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

If they agree to KD's demands and fire Nash/Marks, what legitimate GM and coach will want to go there?

D-rock and jim1961 like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Durant is a b****.....

He isn't worth a big trade these days.....he is a declining asset - who is still very good but not a leader of men.

He is the definition of a Beta male.

DD

#1062 DaDakota, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    Jontro and Ubiquitin like this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nets. Picks.

[​IMG]

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

And you support KPJ? Lmao

5. mightybosstone

Umm... I'm sorry, did you just include Zion in the conversation? The same Zion who has played 85 total games in the three years since he's been drafted and has regularly been called out for whether he's just flat out sitting out games in New Orleans? That Zion? He's a long, long, long way from being part of that conversation. Also Steph is a great player, but Steph vs. Lebron is not remotely a real debate.

I get the annoyance with ring chasers and players hopping teams to win championships. I do. But I generally have zero problems with players doing it if they give their teams a chance and those teams fail to build a legitimate contender around them. Lebron had every right to leave Cleveland the first time. I'm not even that mad that Durant left OKC the first time knowing what we know now about Westbrook. Has he gone too far now in demanding a trade from Brooklyn given that he's been a big reason they've failed to win? Sure.

But you can't let the number of teams an athlete plays for completely cloud your judgment of their production and overall career legacy. Does it matter more if a guy can win with his original team? Sure, but that can't be the sole factor.

red5rocket and joshuaao like this.
  6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ben Simmons fits right into the Nets culture.

8. foh

foh Member

He also decreased his own value with that demand making this an even bigger stalemate. I wonder if he is making this request so that Kyrie plays engaged and Nets are making the demand public, so that the offers for KD are even less forcing KD to stay this way and then trading Kyrie's ass out of there.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is the same thing that happened in the Ownership - Executive - Coach empowerment era.

When's the last time an owner quit because a decision blew up, or decided "i made my bed, I'll just lie in it,"

Oh that's right... literally never ever.

There's no good old days of accountability... Lol.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If true, we now know where the owner stands.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

12. MystikArkitect

I meant more that Zion chose to stay with his team instead of ring chase like Lebron or Durant.

And Steph v Lebron is absolutely a debate. Steph changed basketball. Lebron didn't. His only lasting impression on the game as a whole was change its culture to pave the way for ring/clout chasers with his antics and his pretend companies. He's an amazing player and one of the best of all time. But 2nd best? Nah. 1st? Lmao. Not even close.

If the player ring chases and teams up with his friends to ring chase, yes I absolutely take that into account when judging them. Lebron will always be below the players that didn't do that. But that's the thing about opinions. Everyone's is different. If people want to anoint him the GOAT, that's fine. They may have different parameters than I do or others do. But Durant and Lebron are just a couple of ring chasers to me. All timers for sure. But ring chasers nonetheless. Can't deny that.

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KD is killing his trade value.....as well...lol...

DD

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

sirjesse, B-Bob and jim1961 like this.
  16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Boston has to be about a foregone conclusion. Personally, I am fine with giving them back their assets for Jaylen. I get he is gonna get paid in 2024-2025 but we will be able to fit our guys in with that.

Sengun
    Smith
    Brown/Eason
    Green

2023 pick somewhere in there is a 6 man core from which a Batman will emerge IMO

KPJ
    Garuba
    Ty
    Jaygup

should yield 2-3 quality rotation players. KPJ having star potential.

Puts us one player away in 2024-2025.

17. i3artow i3aller

18. lpbman

lpbman Member

Isn't that what Jeanie Buss is doing in L.A. right now? Not giving up future assets to dump Westbrook/please Lebron?

19. i3artow i3aller

Joe Tsai logging on to twitter to confirm the news he leaked is amazing :D

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No Jeannie Buss is doing - whatever this is:

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.