1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Not sure if Brooklyn can get a better “win now” player than Jaylen Brown. Stone really set the trade market with the Harden trade. Teams want a plethora of draft picks for trading their “star” players. It feels like the market for Durant is limited(based on what Brooklyn is asking for). The injury risk is a real concern and age is a factor here. Sean Marks knows that he has to redeem himself with this Durant trade… and no matter what he does, he won’t be able to recover from the Harden trade.

Thus far, this thing has played out almost perfectly in Stone’s favor.

#941 Htown Legend, Jul 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

If I’m Brooklyn, I don’t haggle too much over this deal. This is a solid return for Durant.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

KD + Tatum is fukin nasty.

Denovo, clos4life and xaos like this.
  4. lionaire

lionaire Member

I'm shocked that Boston actually offered JB and even more shocked that BKN shot it down. I'm not sure there's any single player out there available for them that's better than Brown.

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Danny Ainge isn't president anymore. Maybe they will actually use their assets to make trades,

jim1961 likes this.
  6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think the deal effectively turns into JB and the picks Brooklyn wants for KD. Smart is too valuable to go in the deal and Boston will have the leverage of picks to leave players out of it. Miami, Phoenix don't have the resources. Toronto is bidding against themselves and Ujiri isn't stupid. GSW have the young pieces so they could be a player. I haven't seen anything from Chicago. Situation is untenable and cannot continue. Like the Harden trade, I don't think these packages get better with team. The teams that want him tried to make their pitch but hands are tied with removing $45M of assets. Most teams have traded valuable picks or what they do have isn't worthwhile.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:eek:…I felt your shock waves!!!

…….
    …….
    …….

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jaylen Brown for Durant is a definite win

I’ll have a hearty laugh when PHX doesn’t get Durant…I’ve never really paid attention to the Suns fanbase until this offseason with the KD sweepstakes, and they are incredibly delusional and condescending…I can’t stand reading their crap

hope they choke in the playoffs again

cmoak1982, D-rock and clos4life like this.
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think Siakam is a tad better than Brown but other than that I don't think you'd find a better player available for KD at the moment. I would do Brown plus 2 FRPs.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Brooklyn is still trying to figure out a way to stay contenders. They know the Rockets have their future. If they were able to get the Harden package, they still likely aren't getting a Top 4 pick soon.

Without Rockets involved as a third team, the Nets are looking at a really long rebuild if they can't stay a playoff team.

Sounds like they are confident they can get a Harden like deal if they can't swing a deal with better players.

#950 Joe Joe, Jul 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    D-rock and lionaire like this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

big difference is marketability. BK could really market the hell out of Brown and get some butts in the seats. Also Brown is going to be a high level player for at 5-7 more years.

you aint getting anyone out to come see Siakam and Simmons.

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but even if they do have some max guys in mind that might get along with Durant, there's no guarantee that they can actually acquire them through trades or through FA signing. If it's that easy, most teams would just do that and get their most desired players.

BamBam likes this.
  13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    I see what you did there....;)

Go Rockets!!!

TimDuncanDonaut, D-rock and Easy like this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sneak into the deal and nab Jaylen Brown in exchange for the Nets picks.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I think the assumption there is KD+Simmons+a wealthy owner is at very least a plug and play playoff team in a large market. Sure there are other teams, but I think the assumption is Brooklyn potentially is a more interesting situation than most other teams. It’s also possible KD’s shenanigans are a turn off, but I think generally most players have more respect for KD than not.

D-rock likes this.
  16. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Plus by all accounts I've read, Brown is a good guy and noted non-crazy person. BKN getting a young star who won't add to the chaos of Kyrie/Simmons (and may even help alleviate some of it) would be a terrible outcome for our draft picks.

To me, rejecting the deal says BKN is prioritizing quality of the picks over quality of the player(s) in the package, which I think is good for us...?

D-rock and lionaire like this.
  17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Strictly from the point of view of what's best for the Houston Rockets, seems to me Durant staying put in Brooklyn for the full length of his contract plus a steep decline in his game in the coming years would be it.

Trading Irving for Russ might help also, depending on the particulars, except I don't want to let the Lakers out of their self induced purgatory.

mikenm268 likes this.
  18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I agree, but at the same time I feel like their skills are a bit redundant. They are both shot-makers but not great playmakers. The Celtics really need another playmaker more than anything.

D-rock likes this.
  19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Does Malcolm Brogdon count? Maybe not a pure point, but certainly capable with that kind of firepower around him.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. i3artow i3aller