1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

We'll see. I think the Nets will get a haul. Unlike Harden, the possibility of having Durant for four years will be too much for teams to ignore. All it takes is for one to make a "Godfather" offer.

It also depends on what you mean by "top tier stars." If he heads to NO, I'm guessing Ingram is involved. Portland, two of Barnes/Siakam/OG. Boston, Jaylen Brown. Phoenix, Ayton and Bridges along with maybe Cam Johnson. Those packages are pretty darn player-heavy as opposed to what we got for Harden, or what Utah got for Gobert. I can't imagine the Heat can get involved without some serious help from another team, or unless the Nets also trade Simmons due to the designated rookie rule.

To me, if say NO offers the Nets a package centered around Ingram and two FRP, and Miami can find a way to offer Herro and four+ picks, I'm still taking the Ingram package.

In short, IF the Nets trade Durant, I think they'll get so much back that I seriously doubt they'll be a bottom-tier team next season. Wouldn't surprise me to see them back in the playoffs in a couple of seasons.

Corrosion likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://marcstein.substack.com/p/more-nba-free-agency-and-trade-talk

D-rock likes this.
  4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

That trade would make no sense for the Pelicans. Why would they give up their best player who is 10 years younger? It's not like they were in the finals and a player away from winning it all, the Pelicans have the pieces and mostly just need time to develop/have Zion return and maybe some smaller pieces. KD would put them over the top and make them a contender, but you don't trade a 24 year old super star in Ingram for a 34 year old one who is constantly disgruntled. They would immediately have trade requests within a year when things dont go his way. You do not trade a guy like Ingram who actually wants to be in New Orleans, that is such a rare thing for them to have. Ingram is likely going to be more productive than KD the next 4 years and playing a lot more games. KD will go to a team with a much smaller window like the heat or suns, a team like the pelicans will not blow up their roster to go from a 10+ year championship window to a 2 year window.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Brooklyn will not deal Durant for anything less than what the Jazz got for Rudy, or the Spurs got for Murray.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

David Griffin is on borrowed time and is very capable of making some stupid deals on his way out. He just gave Zion a max deal for no freaking reason. What an idiot.

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

players are overvalued these days

250 mil and a NTC for Bradley Beal is absurd

Gobert’s contract and his trade was absurd

and then we got people wanting to give up some of the BK picks for meh players…a lot of our own picks are going to OKC or can’t be traded, so those BK picks are really all we’ve got to sweeten the pot for when we’re more capable of competing and a disgruntled star becomes available

luckyman76, Rudyc281, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I dont see Boston giving up Jaylen Brown.

I could see Ingrahm maybe but is NO really ready to win? I dont think Durant would want to go there. Sure they could just send him there but is a Simmons/BI combo a winner?

Phoenix is the obvious and only option. They will lose Ayton anyway. Losing Bridges will suck but you have to give to get. They are close to winning it all and CP3 isn't getting younger.

Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Id roll my eyes at lebrons calls too and leave it ringing

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I think that kind of proves my initial point in why he would not trade for KD. They have issues getting super stars to come there, when you have guys that want to stay like Ingram and Zion, you pay them and hold on to them, regardless of the injury risk in Zion, you've already tanked and won the lottery and built a team, there is a commitment already made to Zion and he just turned 23 today. New Orleans has to mostly draft their guys or get them young before they become disgruntled and force their way out. If KD is disgruntled after getting everything he wanted in location in NY, two of his best friends w max contracts, literally so many under the table benefits the Nets let those guys bill as expenses lol, Or leaving another big market in SF after being on a championship team and winning multiple rings, if that does not make him happy, you really think being traded to New Orleans would make him happy? He wouldn't even step on the court. New Orleans' goal is to build as competitive as a team as they can with guys that want to be there.

Corrosion likes this.
  12. j@amc

j@amc Member

This sounds like a great plan until Durant won't play in games. The longer the Nets wait, everyone else will lower their offers because they know the Nets have to win this season. I wouldn't offer them the moon later. Why?

This strategy will backfire. When the star wants to go, make the deal and move on.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Durant will play. He lives to hoop.

Caesar likes this.
  14. j@amc

j@amc Member

I agree Durant lives to hoop, but he wants to win with people that respect him.

All the front office bravado of, "We're trading him on our terms," should lead the Durant camp to leaks that he's played his last game for the Nets. Once that happens, the quality of the offers will plummet. Haven't we seen this happen before?

Corrosion likes this.
  15. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Nothing prevents him from throwing games like harden, nets start 0-20 they will take those offers.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

17. j@amc

j@amc Member

That is exactly what the Nets front office needs to say right now. But I'm not sure New Orleans or Toronto pull the trigger on a deal (and Durant may have no interest in supporting either of these teams). My guess is that the Nets end up with one solid player, a rotation filler, and a decent/average haul of first-round picks (3 or at most 4).

luckyman76, Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Needs to call James and borrow his fat suit...

Would be hilarious on KD, someone with some photoshop skills have at it--PLEASE!!!

luckyman76 and Corrosion like this.