1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

“I love CP, man. That’s really the only teammate that really pushed me… like big bro type push knowing what I got and that I never thought that I had. I think he was the best thing that ever happened to my career. I can say that every day. Just is really a dude who pays attention to detail. It’s not how you say it, it’s what he’s saying… I never know a guy who cares so much about basketball and competing at everything. And it’s contagious and that’s what he built in me as well and just having him as a teammate and the experience that he’s went through and teaching me the little things has helped me and it’s working.”

- DeAndre Ayton on Chris Paul

2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Morey view very high on Maxey. He didn't include him when trying to trade for Harden, twice. Not sure about now.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Maxey is a nice piece. Tobias is a competent and reliable enough scorer. That seems really, really low for Brooklyn. What kind of draft compensation is left over for Philadelphia at this point? They already own the Nets the '23 and '27 picks and forfeit the '25 #1 to OKC.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think Harden has received to much flack for not wanting to win. It’s def debatable if he’s made some bone head moves while in houston like forcing cp3 out.

But the man clearly wants to win and he showed it with his desire to get to Brooklyn (who didn’t think they would win a ring with that big 3 at the time) also his next move getting out of Brooklyn looks great now with the KD trade request and the ongoing Kyrie issues everywhere that man goes.

And now not opting in so he can take a longer term but less money deal to make a better team in Philly. Already got pj tucker which is a great pick up for them.

dude wants to win and him and more do have a great relationship always have.

5. Denovo

Denovo Member

Makes sense. He’s from Georgia.

burlesk likes this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

Would you rather have Embiid Harden Durant or Embiid Harden Maxey

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's going to be hard to get what KD is worth because no team can give it without completely stripping their team and future. Honestly the only team that could really give value is GS haha.

burlesk likes this.
  8. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

more like Embiid/Harden/Durant or Embiid/Harden/Maxey/Harris/fillers
    I think Morey will since KD has 4 years contract

9. i3artow i3aller

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not if he's on the Rockets. lol. Leave that mess in college and high school. :D

Denovo, D-rock and xaos like this.
  11. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah for me it's no question. Just embiid and Durant is insane lol

burlesk likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

KD isn't going to join the Rockets. We're safe.

burlesk likes this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lebron isn't stupid. He knows that won't work.
    Bron knows AD and KD are needed to win it all.

burlesk likes this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Warriors should trade Wiggins, Wiseman, Moody and picks for KD.

Lol.

burlesk and pr0wler like this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

It will depend if Nets will accept it. 3rd team will be involve for sure for picks.

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I don't know why everyone keeps mentioning Kyrie being on their team next year because KD gets traded. It was clear in the reporting that Kyrie is definitely gone too. I said this before when he picked up the option. Everyone floats around these S&T BS trade proposals that literally no team operating above the cap can do. Booker cannot be traded and neither can Adebayo because CBA. Nets are going to be a dumpster fire and look at all of the trash they have signed. Nets are going to want to dump salary to drop luxury tax payments. We are lucky in that we understand the CBA but no one thus far has done any level of thought and analysis into what is really going to happen with that team. They just tied up a bunch of cap into a bunch of trash with Harris, Claxton, Mills, O'Neal, and Simmons laying back there. That's around $80-85M in cap space before we mention the rest of the team or Kyrie and KD. People think the Nets can rebuild...THEY CAN'T.

Corrosion and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Personally i wouldnt break up my team just for this dude. If i were suns or Heat i would pass hard. Watch them give up good assets just to get worse. This dude needs to hang it up, hes a done deal, just like harden.

saleem likes this.
  19. PeppermintCandy

There was a video of a long Morey interview linked here from a few months back where Morey talks about the trade.
    He briefly mentions that Maxey never came up during the talks. As in, the Rockets never asked about him.
    Of course, Morey could've been lying but it seemed he was being pretty honest.

I found the link to the video, but I can't tell you where the Maxey mention comes up.

Anyway, if the Sixers can get Durant, and Durant wants to go there, I'm pretty sure they'd be willing to trade anyone outside of Embiid.
    Even Harden, but I would think he's probably not eligible to be traded.

20. PeppermintCandy

I thought some of the talking heads might have at least mentioned it, but no one has brought up the possibility.

If the Rockets offered a package based on giving back the Nets picks and sending, say, Jabari, I would think the Nets would pounce at it.

But I doubt KD would accept coming here to play with 19 and 20 year olds. Doesn't really get him near the promised land.
    Also, I think the Rockets would prefer to stay the course, develop their lottery picks and bet that the Nets picks leap in value in the coming seasons.

saleem likes this.