1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

hell no, kd is damaged goods. we won't be a championship contender even with KD. i'd rather have jalen and the future picks.

2. thekad

thekad Member

Unfortunately I can’t come up with many realistic trade constructions that doesn’t lower the upside of the post-2023 picks. The chance of getting one of the 27th-30th is substantially lowered though.

Zion? That has a chance to blow them up again next summer.

3. Milos

Milos Member

Wade already had a ring in MIA 5 years before LBJ arrived
    Heat have been one of the most consistent winning franchises in the league for over 2 decades ever since Riley arrived
    They were just in the Finals again 2 years ago

Lakers are THE iconice glamour franchise in the NBA with literally half a century of dynastic excellence
    LeBron's 1 lockdown ring don't even rate among the top 5 greatest Lakers champions

Cleveland has always been a crap franchise, but that was the hometown factor at play, and LBJ did bail on them originally for greener pastures in South Beach

LeBron is not some martyr rescuing sad-sack franchises from obscurity
    He's just better at picking his spots than KD so far ...

Corrosion and Caesar like this.
  4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

On live for FA special.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. Milos

Milos Member

What is your idea of a historic haul for KD?
    What do you think Kyrie's expiring, part-time, mental health work ethic will yield in return?

These are very vague, ambiguous returns to make such bold proclamations about 5 years from now ...

Corrosion and mikenm268 like this.
  6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I guess no matter the trade outcome, they’ll be worse off than they were originally projecting to be. So even if it doesn’t turn out to be Celtics-level picks, even if it’s in the teens we will be net positive.

Corrosion, Patience and jcmoon like this.
  7. OkayAyeReloaded

8. i3artow i3aller

9. liveguy

liveguy Member

100%!

Rockets need to stay WAY away from this and just wait for the Nets pick next season.

You have 7+ good young players with high upside.

Keep them and continue to stack!

ONLY add thru free agency!!!

Plowman, TEXNIFICENT and jcmoon like this.
  10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

They may get a historic haul in draft capital but they will simply be looking to replace what they have traded to Houston. I can't see Irving playing there this year and I can't see them getting a Zion or a Jaylen Brown.

11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i actually just want to go into to FULL ON tank mode now with this news. If we land Scoot henderson or Wemby next year we are headed for a dynasty. Lets build this thing from the ground up and let lebron, Curry, KD, and Embiid get old. We aint beating the warriors anyways, let them fight it out and be waiting in the wings.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Damn, look what I miss when I'm actually working!

Great news for Rox, but we should be pulling for some draft capital focused package that includes players to make the dollars work. Not scared of what Ayton and Simmons Nets would bring to the East. I wouldn't count out a wild card team offering the Nets the best package (e.g. Bulls maybe). Getting KD can put the right team over the top.

In any case, watching this unfold will be interesting and gives us something else to monitor.

RasaqBoi and Rockets FTW like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

We’re trading 3 unprotected 1st round picks (2 outright plus swap)…

…for Mikal Bridges, in order to facilitate someone else getting Durant?

15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Somebody may have mentioned it already.... any chance Htown gets involved by taking on Bam's contract? We have an assortment of contracts and picks (LMAO) to help facilitate

16. Milos

Milos Member

What is a historic haul in draft capital?
    How can it get much better than what LAC sent for PG13, or what we got for Harden?
    Teams cannot trade consecutive FFRPs, and can only include picks 5 years forward ..?

Only OKC can offer a historic haul with all the picks they have, but why would KD go there to play next to a bunch of teenagers in one of the 3 worst markets in the league??

Corrosion and Rockets FTW like this.
  17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No....

We are converting a mostly useless pick swap in the 2023 draft for the outright ownership of the pick....from a team that will be trash.

That is the majority of the value to the Rockets.

If we don't do something like this, Nets will load up on vets, win 40 games for the next 5 years, and then we will only get a couple of mid first round picks.

18. RocketsDraftTV

Weak

jcmoon likes this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure. After losing kd their best player they somehow still managed to win 40 games.

That's as delusional as the folks who thought we could make a playoff run with Wall cousin and wood after harden left.

Unprotected picks r a hot commodity. Mikael bridges is good but doing all that to help the Nets out is dumb as fk.

Corrosion, Tuckmose and mikenm268 like this.
  20. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

So we’re trading 3 unprotected 1st round picks (2 outright plus 1 swap)…

…in order to lock in a pick we already have the rights to (and facilitate somone else getting Durant)?

No hate, I guess I value the future unprotected picks a lot more and have less confidence than you the Nets will be bottom 5ish next year when they clearly won’t be trying to tank, b/c we have their pick. With everyone tanking out of their minds to get Victor, there is almost no way a team not trying to lose will be bottom 8 next year. Plus if they finish in the back of the lotto and somehow win it, we can already take their pick.

Corrosion likes this.