1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant injury: grade 2 MCL sprain + Tibial bone bruise

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Daddy Long Legs, Feb 28, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not a surprise but...

Kevin Durant to go on minutes restriction when he returns

With Kevin Durant set to be re-evaluated by team doctors in less than a week, the Warriors’ coaches are in the preliminary phases of planning for his return. All they know at this point is that Durant will probably be on a minutes restriction during his first few games back in the rotation.

“It’s something we’ll consult the training staff on,” head coach Steve Kerr said after practice Saturday. “I imagine we’ll ease him back by playing him shorter minutes to start, so he can build up his rhythm and his conditioning.”

Durant has missed 12 games with a sprained medial collateral ligament (MCL) and bone bruise to his left knee. In recent days, he has been seen running wind sprints, hoisting jumpers and even dunking after practice.

Durant will be re-evaluated Thursday, after the team returns from its back-to-back set in Houston and San Antonio. It is unlikely that he’ll be cleared before the week of April 3, but the Warriors remain hopeful that Durant will be available to play by the end of the regular season April 12.

“That obviously has a domino effect on the entire rotation,” Kerr said of Durant’s return. “When we get to that point, we’ll figure that out. But it’s not something I’m giving a lot of thought to right now because he’s still at least a couple weeks away.”​

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What the hell. We may as well beat them in the playoffs fully loaded. No excuses!

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The guy bumped knees, I mean most guys at the local Y would have been back playing the next day.

DD

arabrocket likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

what a stupid take. he didn't bump knees. A 270+ lbs center unexpectedly crashed into his knee while he was stationary. I'd love to see someone crash into your knee and think you would jump right back up. If you've never encountered something to this degree that's fine but such an assumption is pretty dumb on your part

rm365 and MorningZippo like this.
  9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

It was a bruised knee, and slight sprain of the MCL - maybe a week at most for the average player - but in the NBA, the "Take more than necessary league" he is out a month.

Maybe he should drink more milk!

DD

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  10. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

If I was the training staff I would be extra careful with my superstar as well. Focus is on playoffs not getting my players back in a weeks time. Priorities.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not surprising coming from someone who said years ago dmo's back is fine. Yet we all see how that turned out. You're not a doctor. Quit trying to act like you know :rolleyes:

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

So...do the Warriors even need this guy...Ironic that the entire bench started to play better, Klay Thompson is shooting better, and the Warriors are playing great bball without KD??

Rox11 likes this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Klay started to play better after signing the toaster. It's not about KD leaving. It's about he toaster.

TheMystery008 and el gnomo like this.
  14. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Only way to know for sure is to drop 200+ pounds on your knees and see what happens.

el gnomo, jbasket and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they better hurry him up they are starting to look like the warriors of old now...thy should of never dismantle that 73 wins team .. they were the real mvp

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Softest generation ever, better hope Trump doesn't get us in a war, the millennials might have a hang nail.

DD

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

No its not shutup. You don't know what you're talking about.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

DD not to be confused with DR.

19. Handles

Handles Member

Damned millenials went and got born and ruined my America! Let's blame the youth that we raised!

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Hah, there is no doubt we ask far too little of our kids these days.....

And yes, it was a knee bruise and mild MCL sprain, clearly they are being cautious, but I guarantee Beverly would be playing now...Durant is soft.

And sorry if my opinion hurts those who have a mancrush on him, not like I am stealing your wubbie....

:)

DD