1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant: ‘It’s easy to be the best player when you don’t have good players around you’

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheGreat, Jun 10, 2018.

1. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

This guy is the definition of a front runner. He’s so insecure with himself and it’s gotten to the point that he doesn’t even care anymore about showing the world his true colors. He’s just trolling everyone. No one in the league respects him.

2. shlhl

shlhl Member

Nothing will change the p***y cat image of himself.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Not_KDs_Burner

KD right. On his way to goat status at this rate.

roslolian and francis 4 prez like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

It’s easy to be the best player when you don’t have refs against you

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More burner accounts created.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mike Jones concurs.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Katy likes having his cupcake and eating it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

He knows that no one takes his success seriously anymore and he is insecure about it. Durant probably thought he could accept and be comfortable with the consequences of his decision but it’s obvious that it gets to him. Afterall he was a pretty likeable player with a squeeky rep. Must be difficult going from being universally liked to someone that no one takes serious anymore.

roslolian and Manny Ramirez like this.
  9. Game7

Game7 Member

Easy for him to say. He has been the best player for every team he has ever played for. It is easier for guys on lesser squads to stand out for a few reasons, in theory. Usage is high but efficiency usually suffers (see guys like Denver Melo, Harden several years ago, and MVP Westbrook.) Stars stand out when there is just one, and yeah, sure, it is harder to stand out in a group of stars. It is easier to be better when your team is better, in theory. Usage goes down and efficiency usually goes up (see guys like pre-Durant Steph, Miami Lebron, and Durant.) It is a logical thing to say, but it seems like a pretty dumb observation coming from him. He's either propping himself up or making Steph feel better about not getting finals MVP. Haha

10. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

This guy KD knows all about what’s “easy”:
    1. “Easy” to do Clint Capela’s job.
    2. “Easy” to be the best player on your team a la LeBron.
    Yet he doesn’t mention how “easy” it is to win a championship by joining a 73 win super team that already won a championship and was one Kyrie fluke 3 pointer away from having 2 championships prior to his arrival!

11. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Did he actually say this or did yall see this on one of those fake Facebook memes?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-durant-charges-ruined-nba-making-money-thats-164105770.html

• “My responsibility is to my skills. My responsibility is to myself,” Durant told Yahoo Sports. “I’m not worried about the NBA. That’s their job. They make too much money. They ain’t paying me enough to dictate the NBA. I should be making more money if all that’s on me. My responsibility is to whatever team I play for. All that other stuff, that’s on y’all.”
    • “The Bay Area allows me to be who I am, as a city, to just blend in, and the team allows me to do the same thing,” Durant told Yahoo Sports. “All I want to do in my life, while I’m healthy, is to work on my game and enjoy the game and not worry about nothing else. This place gives me that. This is the best place for me to just play ball, work on my game, play ball, and not care about [expletive] that normal NBA superstars are supposed to care about.”
    • “Basketball, to me, isn’t about everybody revolving around what I do and how I feel. That’s never how I wanted to play and that’s never how I wanted to approach a team,” Durant told Yahoo Sports. “So to be one of guys, that’s what I always wanted. That’s how I was brought up as a basketball player, as being one of the guys. I think it’s more special when you do it with people who support you and love you, care about what you do as a ball player. It’s not always just about you. And that’s the reason why I came here — an unselfish environment where they just care about the game. All that other stuff doesn’t matter.”
    • “Obviously as the best individual players, we all want to play well and I know Steph doesn’t care about stuff like that,” Durant said of the Finals MVP. “I really wasn’t expecting to do any of this. I was just trying to win. MVPs or not, I think we both played great basketball.”
    • “Kobe, M.J., LeBron, Kareem, those dudes drive me, they push me every day to get to that level, to that standard and I want to be able to sit back and talk to them about basketball one day,” Durant told Yahoo Sports. “I’m happy I’ll be able dial up some of them and get some equity in that deal when it comes to being able to talk amongst the greats and experience what they experienced.
    • “I feel like it’s easy to be the best player when you don’t have good players around you. I feel like it’s harder to stand out when you have great players around you,” Durant told Yahoo Sports. “I pride myself on standing out wherever I am. I pride myself on working hard wherever I go. And I feel like these guys embraced me and I feel like I’m a Warrior.”
    • “It feels good to go through it with these guys,” Durant told Yahoo Sports. “It feels good to come in here and work with the coaching staff, just everybody that we have with this organization just helped me get better as a player, helped us get better as a team. The people that come in and rebound for me when they don’t have to, the video guys who work us out, help us as players. I just appreciate that. That’s all I’ve been thinking about.”

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not wrong, this place gives him the opportunity to win ships, work on his game, have a good time with similarly talented players.

Without breaking a sweat. (except against Houston)

Elephant810 likes this.
  14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

KD is what they call a jotito

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

His statement makes sense. People will twist in into some sort of dig against LeBron, when he clearly was only talking about himself, because they are bitter about him choosing to join a great team.

LeBron had the superteam in Miami and won MVPs there, so why would anyone interpret this as a dig against him?

#35 durvasa, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Lebron helped form his superteam. Durant just joined one (one that was already better than the one Lebron formed)

Elephant810 and Patience like this.
  17. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

so according to KD's logic... you can only be a great player if you play on a great team...

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

its not like what he's saying is false. There's plenty of examples through the years of this of players who put up numbers and people think theyre really that good when in reality theyre not

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep

wade and bosh are a 50 win team at best and turned them into a superteam

KD joined a 73 win superteam

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He has always been surrounded by talent. He had harden and Westbrook in OKC.

hakeem94 likes this.