1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Keto Tips.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Aug 2, 2022.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’ve seen people get really caught up in eating windows like it’s magic. It isn’t. If you eat 2000 calories it makes no difference whether it was between 12 and 8 or 8 and 8. That said, it tends to work well because people end up just flat out skipping a meal.

franchise403 likes this.
  2. Asian Sensation

This is the way. IMO. It’s the most sensible, least restricting and most importantly sustainable long term. There’s no reason to eliminate a major food group and large portions from others cause you have to cut carbs.

Just find your TDEE, move your ass, hit your protein and eat according to your numbers whether you’re trying to lose, maintain or even gain.

The only time you really need to do Keto is for the final 2 weeks or so before a weigh in for a fight or you’re doing some kind of body building competition where you’re cutting majority water weight.

But like you said there’s many ways to lose weight. Do what works for you.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I want to jump start the weight loss and then do what you are doing, did you gain weight back when you went off it?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

Why not just consume about 20 to 25% less per meal of what you normally eat? You know what your portion sizes are. Just cut them back by a decent enough amount where you're still satiated but not overdoing it.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I did gain a couple back before I started the calorie count, but that was more me giving myself some time to veg out and have a few more drinks than I had been.
    I plateaued and leveled off, now I’m starting another downward trend.

jiggyfly and Xerobull like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Water and fiber mix can really help you feel full when you’re hungry for a snack. Just water (lots of it) really helps.

Andre0087 and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Speaking from my experience with Keto and when I went off of it, if you go back to eating carbs...then chances are high you are going to gain the weight back and probably a few more pounds. I remember I absolutely craved carbs after I stopped like I never had before. It felt like I wasn't in control of my cravings. Maybe that's just my own experience and doesn't apply to everyone? My experience in general with diets seems to be the body always finds a way to go back to what is considered your natural weight and shape for your body unless you stay on top of it with diet and exercise. But, I think that is common knowledge.

jiggyfly and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

seed oils, pork and chicken/turkey largely negate the benefits of keto even though they are low carb

they are high in PUFA/omega 6 which cause inflammation

eggs, beef, lamb are better

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’ve been on Keto for about 3/4 years off and on, but mostly on.

Sprouts has kick ass white bread that has one carb per slice.

There are tons of sweets to buy now but they’re pretty expensive. I have a really good keto mug cake recipe that takes literally one minute in the microwave it’s really good and loaded with good fats.

If I’m not on Keto I crave garbage food. When I’m on keto I don’t crave the garbage at all. It’s a little rough at first but once you get used to it it’s amazing. It’s changed everything in the positive for me.

DaDakota, cmoak1982 and jiggyfly like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's really not that easy, If I cut back just that much on what i regularly eat i would not lose much weight, it's a metabolism thing.

It's not like I eat so much more than everybody and actually at this age I can't eat anywhere near what I used to eat as far as portions and I still don't lose weight.

You sound like a skinny ****er.:D

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What is Sprouts?

Link the cake recipe.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I eat alot of green olives....macadamia nuts

HEB has some low carb packaged meals
    https://www.heb.com/collections/meal-simple-low-carb

For sweet tooth
    https://www.atkins.com/products/treats/atkins-treats/peanut-butter-cups
    https://www.atkins.com/products/treats/atkins-treats/milk-chocolate-caramel-squares
    https://www.atkins.com/products/treats/atkins-treats/dark-chocolate-covered-peppermint-patties
    https://shop.atkins.com/endulge-chocolate-candies/p/atk-075558&c=atkins@endulge@treats

Do not under any circumstances eat more than two caramel squares if you plan to be in public or around people whose opinion of you matter.

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH....

jiggyfly, mikol13 and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Sprouts is a health food grocery store.

https://jenniferbanz.com/keto-mug-cake

Add a little coconut or MCT oil in the cake recipe too. Not much, maybe a teaspoon to start. When it’s done, throw some Libby’s dark chocolate chips on the top. It melts and it’s like the icing.

I also make my own pizza using almond flour.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I tried it and never saw a reduction in body fat and my energy levels were **** compared to today. I blame that mostly on a lack of knowledge though and a lack of time with it. (I was already low-carb going in, too.)

All that said, it could still be the best diet to drop weight with fast, provided you can get it dialed in.

I'm doing things a little differently as you know. I've failed a little here and there and have gone backwards at times, but every time I research a little more and learn some new tricks/things to try out. I think whatever route you take you've just got to dedicate yourself to it; keep reading and researching as you're going along, watch videos, listen to podcasts about it... jump in feet first & all that, and you'll get there.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I went to Aldi and found a lot of Keto products.

Crackers
    Cookie crisps
    Hamburger buns
    Califlower rice with Brocolli and herbs
    Wraps

I tasted the cookie crisp and they are not bad different flavors as well.

They will be great to satiate my cravings, I just can't get the munchies and pig out on them.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

up your fats. Did you count your macros?

FrontRunner likes this.
  17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I wasn't counting anything. I'm still too dumb for that, lol.

Keto's in my rear view at the moment. I imagine I'm still getting some benefit from the MCT oil tincture I take though. I hope so at least.

cheke64 likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

19. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So about 2 weeks in to finally drastically cutting carbs and about 3 weeks of regular exercise.

I have lost about 6 pounds, but I have tightened up considerably I had some flabby arms and thighs since the surgery and that is gone stomach has tightened as well.

Lots more energy, even though I still don't sleep very well.

Have not had a lot of cravings, I have not done anything with upping my fat intake, I need to read up on that and the best way to do it.

The biggest thing is cutting back on the sticky, so I don't get the munchies late night, I will only be imbibing on the weekends.

I have gotten to the point where I look forward to going to the gym again, so that's a big hurdle I need to lose another 20 hopefully can do that by the new year.

Have not cooked anything too exotic carb free, I will do some things this weekend to take for lunch and dinner during the week, I am excited to do some cauliflower rice based things and a lot of broccoli stuff.

cmoak1982 likes this.