1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kerry Kittles Waived- Should Rockets Take a look?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deadlybulb, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Man

Man Contributing Member

At the 2, we have Wesley, Barry, and maybe Tmac. We may sign Dion Glover. Kerry Kittles wouldn't be bad..but we already have a lot of 2's.

2. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Isn't he still hurt?

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Who said anything about getting a superstar for 1.7 mill? My whole jist is really getting players that fit our team well, not just any player, be they marginal player or superstar. Jim Jackson is a good example, even though he flourished after becoming a Sun, he was a bad fit for us chemistry wise after Tmac came. Not everyone will mesh well with JVG's system, TMac, and Yao which are the 3 main things a player has to conform to if playing here.

Kittles, the guy is just on the wrong side of 30 and it's a question if he accepts a limited role and limited cash.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

They 'waived' ta ta?

5. MadGame2002

MadGame2002 Member

I'de take Kerry Kittles over David Wesley for one simple fact and that is defense.
    Too many times we were outmatched at shooting guard defensively. Face it, david wesley is too short. Sure he can be a who'll have defensive intensity but he's just too short.

Kittles has always been a good defensive player. He certainly is taller and longer than wesley but could provide the same defensive intensity wesley provides.
    He knows what it takes to win. He's been to the Finals. He provides good experience. Would I offer him to the LLE? Yes. Would I offer him more? No.

6. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

:rolleyes:

Lets see:

Need size CHECK
    Hit open shots CHECK
    3pt range CHECK
    Defends CHECK
    Will play 3rd/4th fiddle CHECK (He played with kidd jefferson and kmart at one time; averaged 14pts for like 5 years straight go figure)

What else do you need? At 1.7mil, its his health which is in question and if he passes the physical then good for him I'd take it. And its not much to work with at 1.7mil.

7. leehoang

leehoang Member

IMO, I think Kittles only put up numbers like that aside the trio that they had, because of Jason Kidd, when you play along side a point guard like Kidd... your numbers are going up, guaranteed.

And we don't have a point guard like Kidd... so yeah...

Guess I don't see any excitement in having a player like Kittles, reminds me of a Doug Christie, except w/o all the ridiculous hand signs.

8. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

Except he averaged ~ 17 points a game his first 2 years in the league when he got more minutes, when kidd was still in phoenix.
    I'm not "EXCITED" excited, but i think he'd be a really solid addition.

A healthy Christie w/o all the ridiculous hand signs (*lol*) would be perfect for our team. Lockdown defender to handle toughest assignments; can handle the ball and can knock down the open three.

9. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

What about Sam Bowie?