1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kerr] Rockets 8th best in the west

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox_fan_here, Sep 28, 2006.

1. ClutchCityReturns

Including his rookie season in which he missed some games due to inexperience (not health) and correcting for the strike-shortened season (in which he played 49 of 50 games), Tracy averaged 74 games per season up until last year, despite his back issues.

I think all the talk about Tracy being injury prone is blown way out of proportion. Don't forget, he had the chronic back problems when he was the most unstoppable scoring force in the entire league. He deserves the benefit of the doubt, which most people have not been giving him lately.

2. bluesoft

bluesoft New Member

这个赛季火箭队要一飞冲天,夺取总冠军! :D
    ---------------------------------------------
    我打中文各位看的懂吧?哈哈

3. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Exactly, my man. Kerr needs to blow it out his ass.

4. Rockets Dynasty

Anything below #4 is just STUPID. Come on now.

5. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Member

Bonzi never has such impact on any teams he has played for.

But he will definitely help Rox to win more games. I predicted Rox would win 45 games next season, now I change it to 50.

6. Rockets Dynasty

Woah wait a minte, the team won 21 out of 31 games last year when T-Mac and Yao played, that's 56-26 over 82 games.

Your estimate is WAY low.

More like 58-60 wins.

7. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Member

They took care of garbage teams pretty well, especially the garbage from the eastern conference.

Unfortunately they are in the southwest division where every team is solid (last year's Rox didn't win a division game until very late), and they have to play each other 4 times a year.

I watched too much NBA basketball for the past 10 years and I am not a Rox fan enough to be a Rox homer. I don't see this is a 60 win team. I guess we will get the answer two weeks after the season starts. Almost all 60 win teams have a quick start.

I still say this team will finish between 48 and 55 games. More like finish at 50.

8. bladeage

bladeage Member

rofl he put the lakers before us. how dumb is this guy.

9. napalm

napalm Member

What in the world?! I understand (sort of) the general leeriness with Tracy's back issues, but why are all the 'pundits' making it sound like Yao has been very injury prone? Prior to last season, the guy has been an utter ironman :/.

Bah whatever, Kerr's 'analysis' is about as accurate a description of our team as the current administration's analysis about how good the war in Iraq has been going...utterly useless. I can't wait till we make these idiots eat some crow.

10. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Member

Steve Kerr must have been busy getting a reach around from Gregg Poppovich while writing this article.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

und die rox blasen kerr einen!!!!!

12. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

I don't remember Bonzi going to a team with as unexperienced and unknown of a backcourt as we had this year. The impact is both a product of Bonzi being a good player (he was very effective for Sac) and because we had such a questionable back-court.

Well, pre Bonzi deal I would have Dallas, SA and Phx is the high 50s to low 60s win range, with every other playoff contender in the west between say 42-48. So if Bonzi makes a difference of 5-6-7 games, that could easily be 8th to 4th. Personally I think the difference is more, not because Bonzi is a great player, but because he is a good vet guard when we had no even average vet guards (I think Alston is well less than an average starting PG). Our guard play was going to vey much hold back our team IMO, now we at least have competitive guards, to go along with the numero uno front line. I now think we have a shot at the high 50s low 60s like the other WC trio of elites, at least on paper we do, but they have to put it together.

And again, if you told me at the start of the offseason our guard rotation would include Mike James, Foye, Davis and Jaric I would have been very excited and thought we would have added the scoring, athleticism, shooting and toughness we need around our playmakers. So don't count out Minny having a shot at being the top of the 2nd tier. They could be very formidable with KG and a 3 guard line-up, but it looks they need another decent big to really be scary.

13. wireonfire

wireonfire Member

14. Williambleu

Williambleu Member

Is this really what Kerr said? I'm now in doubt of his basketball IQ...

15. wreck

wreck Member

For those of you who have nba live 07, i do especially cuz tmac is on the cover, steve kerr still managed to bash the rockets in a video game! In his commentary he tells marv albert something like (it might have been marv albert who said this)

"yao ming scored 22 pts and 10 rebounds last season, where do you think he can improve?"

WTF!!! How much more does he need to improve for them to respect him at least a litte. I have a feeling that if he were to average 30 pts 12 reb and 5 blocks they'd say something like... "you know what, hes a pretty good player"

I hate the media, I hate yao bashers and I really really hate when they call Yao "soft"

16. aznboi

aznboi Member

The first team to win a championship coming from the 8th seed, ohhhhhhh.

17. TreP3

TreP3 Member

Even if the Rockets do have a few injury problems *knock on wood*, Bonzi can definitely help hold down the fort. I feel like pretty much any good team is a superstar injury away from a season of uncertainty and barely holding on to the 8th seed. Maybe Memphis will surprise me and hold up well sans Pau for a few months, but we'll see.

So whenever these rankings come out, especially before the season begins, you have to just take it as the writer's opinion without any real proof...even if it is incredibly stupid.

18. Riz

Riz Member

lets all calm down, kerr will prove himself wrong!!! but then again he really is a moron!!

19. daoshi

daoshi Member

All we have is potential, but NBA basketball has to be played on the hardwood for 82 games. If I remember correctly, many here declared we were an elite team before the season even started last year. Looking good on paper doesn't mean a thing, we need to wait and see if this team can play as it is billed.

20. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

If even signing Bonzi Wells doesn't up the Rockets over the Kings or the T-Wolves, I am seriously disappointed. Players like Bonzi obviously stay on their best behavior simply to earn a bigger contract next season, so I don't see what there is to doubt.