1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kerr played his bench. Dantoni didnt: BALL GAME

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, May 10, 2019.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im disappointed with how little faith MDA has with young players (Hartenstein) and with guys who screw up a few times (House, Fareid). I didnt see any kind of flexibility with MDA, he stayed with his "this is my system and these our my players" mentality in a series that each game was decided by one or two baskets. As much as the players have to play its imperative that coaching puts these guys in positions to be successful. MDA's rotations at times were boneheaded and stubborn. Morey and Tilman should sit down with him in the offseason and give him his yearly evaluation and task him with being more open minded moving forward. Otherwise just bring in Finch and keep playing the same way with a guy who is more progressive and apt to trying whatever it takes to win games.

What adjustments did D'Antoni make during this last series that were actually proactive and inspiring? Can anybody even name one? All he did was shorten the depth with DNP's and run his guys into the ground.

waytookrzy079 and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. Zergling

Zergling Member

I think what RR is saying is the bench should've played MORE, and rightfully so. The +/- tells the story

Rocket River likes this.