1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenyon Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, May 6, 2007.

1. trugoy

trugoy Member

Kenyon Martin

yes, he's had knee surgery.
    yes, he's got bad attitude.

What if you could get him for Juwan Howard + Bob Sura + First round pick?

Remember Denver needs to get rid of either camby or Martin for luxury tax purposes.

He's a big risk, but can you get a better player without giving up the core?

2. MrMatt

MrMatt Member

i dont think so, we dont need an expensive bench warmer

3. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

2 bad knees, I'll pass.

4. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

no more injury prone players please!

5. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Kenyon Martin has a HUGE contract. It completely handcuff us and pretty much put us into luxury tax territory until 2010 when McGrady's contract expires.

6. trugoy

trugoy Member

Luxury tax and salary cap should not be considerations, as long as mcgrady and Yao are on the team, there is no room to sign any free agents other than the MLE.

7. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

I will save the money to resign chuck hayes, and keep the 1st round pick.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We do not need to bring in other team's scrubs.

We have enough of our own.

9. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

The salary cap isn't a consideration, but the luxury tax definitely is. Do you think Les is willing to pay a dollar-for-dollar tax until 2010 for a player of Kenyon Martin's caliber...an injury-prone undersized power forward with attitude issues? I think not.

10. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

what a dumb proposition man, he has nothing good and will probably retire within a few years from injury. 1 star, stupid thread...

11. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

This is the worst thread idea related to the offseason so far.

People throw out Bibby and Billups who we can not afford, but at least can play some.

You want Kmart, who is injured all the time, has a Bonzi like attitude, and makes more then Yao.

Just terrible.

12. AggieRocketFan96

Horrible idea to give up a number 1 pick for this guy. We already have players with chronic injuries and too many dudes that are past their prime. No thanks, I would rather we took our chances in the draft and find a Paul Milsap/Ben Wallace in the rough.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

jesus... if this thread is going to be an indication of what's to come in the GARM, this is going to be a looooonnnggggg offseason.

quick question:

do you watch basketball? have any knowledge of the nba? because this thread leads me to believe that you don't.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

All of you guys keep saying he is too expensice or bad attitude, but you have to spend money to improve, you cant just keep getting mediocre players like they have and win. You also need guys with an attitude to put some heart into your team.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree we need players with attitude but he is unfit and can't be productive.

16. trugoy

trugoy Member

Wakeup, the only way to significantly upgrade talent is to take on risk, who the hell is going to trade their no risk talent for our scrubs.....

You want to build through the draft, it's basically a lottery, you won't know if you are right until about 2-4 years down the track.

The only way to get talent is to take on either bad contracts or risky guys.

Everyone's got a hardon for billups right now, you know that when he was a free agent out of orlando, nobody wanted to touch him cos he sat out the season with injury?

Nobody wanted Rasheed Wallace cos of his bad attitude, he pushed detroit over the top.

Steven Jackson? Have you watched GS in the playoffs, he is the soul of the team along with Baron.

IN a perfect world, teams would trade their all-stars for our garbage, but i dare anyone to come up with a better trade for a Power forward that is realistic.

Kenyon martin when healthy is tough as nails, can defend any PF in the league, he's got speed like a 3, does not need the ball to be effective on offense, would've basically made carlos boozer a non-factor.

You forget that when the nets were playing the lakers in the finals, that martin was doing some duty on kobe.

yes, he's got injury problems, if he didn't, there's no way we'd come close to being able to acquire him.

If you can get him, you go out and get him, if the risk doesn't pay off, fine, all you've lost is juwan howard(big deal), is a late 1st round pick worth the gamble of a healthy all-star?

I think so. So what if he's a bust? If he's healthy, you pretty much have a contender, all the problems of covering for Yao's defensive deficiencies are solved.

Look at every single championship team, they all took risks to get there. You think that when the pistons traded for Rip and sheed that it was a can't miss trade? You think billups was considered top 5 PG when he signed?

If you want a championship, you gotta have balls to do what it takes, sitting around and waiting to draft the next manu ginobli in the second round is not going to get it done, quite frankly.

17. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I have no faith in his knees, so no.

He isn't worth that contract even if he was healthy, so no.

And I don't like his game when he is healthy, so no.

18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

he would basically replace bonzi if he came over here (playing time and problems). and i don't see much "out of their prime" players, lets see theres juwan...

19. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

This sounds like a "your trash for my trash deal". I'd do it but we get rid of too much trash for potentially so little. :) :)

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Youre definetly right about having to gamble a little bit and get lucky...
    If we could get Stevie and kenyon we'd be scary as hell
    Franchise
    Battier
    Mac
    Kmart
    Yao