1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kent Bazemore meeting with Rockets as we speak (UPDATE: Signs with Hawks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can see the Hawks asking two 1st rounders for Bazemore, make sense for them, basically one 1st to absorb Knight and one to get Bazemore.

With that said, i think he's a good fit here, but i'm totally fine to pass if that's price, especially since i don't see a lot of takers for him, Pelicans were interested, but so far they didn't trade for him, and if they keep losing they might very well pass this kind of trade in the first place so...the price might be lower going forward.

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

2019 unprotected pick for Baze is too much because it could be 4-month rental.

one First and one 2nd.

D-rock likes this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Next summer, 9 teams have over $50 million cap room?
    Need to learn how to make a bid that the opponents do not contest on free agent market.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Stop talking. You're not good at it.

BigMaloe, Fyreball, robbie380 and 7 others like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Interesting....

That would be an enormous addition

6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I’d only consider two firsts if we get another impact player from the Hawks, like Taurean Prince

7. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

DMO is a really good shooter for his size. I said name a left hander who can't shoot. Another good year in the league and he would have been an even better shooter, percentage wise. He was used to shooting from a shorter distance for a 3 overseas. He wouldn't have had the green light to shoot 3's if players and coaching staff didnt agree. I'm not talking about shot percentages from games. Just saying left handers are naturally good shooters. Knowing how to shoot way before learning/mastering other fundamentals.

8. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

DMO is a really good shooter for his size. I said name a left hander who can't shoot. Another good year in the league and he would have been an even better shooter, percentage wise. He was used to shooting from a shorter distance for a 3 overseas. He wouldn't have had the green light to shoot 3's if players and coaching staff didnt agree. I'm not talking about shot percentages from games. Just saying left handers are naturally good shooters. Knowing how to shoot way before learning/mastering other fundamentals.

9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

10. basketballholic

We're not giving up multiple first rounders to get bazemore.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need a 3-4 more than a 2-3, Bazemore is not needed when Rockets have a similar player in Austin Rivers.

Plus Rivers is the better facillitator and no picks given up or ridiculous salary to absorb.

Deckard and Corrosion like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need a 3-4 more than a 2-3, Bazemore is not needed when Rockets have a similar player in Austin Rivers.

Plus Rivers is the better facillitator and no picks given up or ridiculous salary to absorb.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

That's cold Deck.

Deckard likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What is going to be fascinating is that the Pelicans have the SAME NEEDS as the Rockets. So anyone the Rockets are looking at, the Pelicans probably are as well. The Pelicans probably will be more desperate to keep AD. But at the same time....they don't want to toss a bunch of 1sts in case AD needs to be traded etc.

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

More than likely the Hawks will wait until the trade deadline to deal Bazemore to the highest bidder. They aren't in any rush.

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. BigBum

BigBum Member

In February, the trade is so called "2-month rental". The role player "2-month rental" is worth a 2nd round pick.

It makes no sense for Tilman to pay luxury tax for Knight contract this season and next season. Salary dump has to happen the earlier the better.

17. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

I can tell you that the hawks aren’t in any rush to move Baze. They love him around the young guys there. They also don’t want to take on that 2nd year at all

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

#1278 BigBum, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    BigShasta likes this.
  19. ballgame

ballgame Member

I DON'T WANT BAZEMORE AT ALL!!! HE'S 6'5",SAME SIZE AS AUSTIN RIVERS. WE NEED SOMEONE 6'9" OR TALLER

D-rock likes this.
  20. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Dmo is a career 60%ft shooter.....
    He only shot above 30% from 3 once in 5 years in the NBA. Yea he can't shoot.