1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kent Bazemore meeting with Rockets as we speak (UPDATE: Signs with Hawks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haven't heard from the Kent of Bazemore this season.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So does James Ennis, and he’s taller.

And btw: there are no NBA Combine measurements on Bazemore (he wasn’t invited), so his numbers aren’t as reliable as guys like a Ennis and Barnes. Some ppl have Bazemore at 6’11.

But more importantly, a wingspan is symmetrical, so it counts arm length twice in horizontal measurement. When going for rebounds or blocking, your vertical reach doesn’t have that benefit, making height more important, giving Ennis a good 2-3” higher reach.

D-rock, saleem and TheRedRanger like this.
  3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If you're speaking on length his 6'11" 1/2 wingspan should be more than sufficient as its only 2-3" below Trevor's.

Why are we worried about him guarding alphabet or KG... We should be more concerned with his ability to guard the active wings out West @pippendagimp

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't see why you guys are concerned with measurables as it is.

This guy isn't a rookie and isn't working out for the combine. He's more of a starter than James Ennis, who's been mentioned, and is a good fit for this teams philosophy.

If you guys are concerned with measurements I would make Giannis, AD, and Lebron y'alls main trade targets.... See how far that gets ya.

motleydeflep6 likes this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ok but out west besides kd you have lebron and pg13, two guys who ariza would stick every game and who i would not feel comfortable leaving baze on

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Because we're looking for the guy who will try to guard Durant. That's all that matters.

If anyone says "no one can guard him so who cares" I will go apeshit on you. Just think about the idea for a second, think about why that's obviously a ridiculous thing to say.

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

8. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

Wouldn't long wingspans help players be more effective defensively? Ennis might have better measurements but bazemore has the wingspan and is also a better basketball player.

9. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Does anyone else wanna say it JUST to see him go apeshit??

BigMaloe, BaselineFade and topfive like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ennis has the same wingspan.

I’m not saying he’s better than Bazemore, just that Bazemore’s wingspan is not that big of a deal, if we are making excuses for him not living up to his contract, not even close.

D-rock, Nook and TheRedRanger like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

One aspect that I most like about Bazemore is his ability to create shots for others. He is a decent passer.

I like the idea of having THREE ball handlers/passers on the floor at the same time with CP/Harden/Bazemore. Just that versatility when people close out on shooters. The ability to make things happen.

12. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

I know, I'm just saying the combination of a good wingspan and being a better basketball player makes Bazemore a better option than Ennis.

13. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Man, it's hard to find that ideal SF for the Rockets right now (on the market). I like Justin Holiday's potential on this team as well. Maybe Marvin Williams. We better get someone though...

14. Nook

Nook Member

A long wingspan is important, but so if raw height. He isn't a perfect replacement for Ariza but he would certainly make the Rockets a better team and expand the rotation further.

Deuce is right, that Bazemore can pass well.

Also he has a low three point percentage this year, but he isn't get very many clean looks so that percentage should creep up.

There is something to be said about having gritty players that know how to play and actually want to win. You saw Harden go over to Rivers and make eye contact and nod at him, that is someone (for all his warts) that will defend and take hard shots. Bazemore is like that too.

dlite316, dje243, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Bazemore's been playing really well(on my fantasy team too), but unfortunately that means he's probably raised his trade value and now the Rockets probably can't get him :(

16. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

The reason I brought up his wingspan was to say that his height wasn't that big of deal defensively because his wingspan makes up for it.

17. Asian Sensation

I’ll easily take Rivers and his $930k cap hit while giving up zero assets over whatever players/picks we would’ve had to give up for Bazemore and his contract.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Baze would be an ideal target and would help us a lot this year.

Therefore it isn't happening. I'm not expecting anything other than trying to shed dead weight and salary

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yup. I can confirm. I got a call last week.

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Oubre would of been perfect

Grizzlyshark likes this.