1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kent Bazemore meeting with Rockets as we speak (UPDATE: Signs with Hawks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Great point.

BigShasta and da_juice like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Could be wrong but Kent seems an upgrade to Trevor.

Ariza is longer but Kent a better shooter and ball handler.

Eta- Oh, signs with ATL. Oh well.

#1182 Houstunna, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Crashlanded19 and da_juice like this.
  3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Kent's a better ball handler and he's slightly a better shooter than Ariza, he's also younger but his defense isn't comparable, let's also not ignore Ariza's fit and chemistry with the team either. It's debatable whether he's a better fit, that being said, i'll take Melo, Ennis and Baze over Ariza and Luc any day.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, MUCH better shooter was too much.

Admittedly, I entered the thread blind. This deal is mostly about Anderson's crap contract. Hawks wanted too much. Let's hope the Rockets are still prime enough when Ryan's albatross is finally history.

Obito likes this.
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Nope. Kelly has broke a number of Rockets related stories. Clearly, he got information from the Atlanta side.

mikol13 likes this.
  6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Exactly, its clear Kelly is legit. None of these reports ever tell you the timing or the source for this information. I guarantee you that agents aren't the only sources for information and yes its all a game. Interested parties get their sides out there to do work for them and are not against leading reporters in the wrong direction to serve a higher goal. The Rockets very clearly kicked the tires on Bazemore and didn't like the offer which is why they are talking to the Heat. None of this is a surprise and none of it makes Kelly wrong. There are several people out there I do not trust because they are lousy reporters so when I hear something negative from them I can brush it aside. However, that doesn't mean just because we hear something we don't like that we should kill the messenger. To Kelly this is a job and he doesn't care what the news is as long as he builds his credibility. He's not going to put crap out there.

jch1911 likes this.
  7. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

Honestly, they are truly definition of "HATERS" & "JEALOUS"

Dude hustled & came up and got a gig reporting/writing about rockets and these posters mad jelly bc they feel like they know just as much if not more about bball/rockets and don't understand why he getting info, press pass, recognition, etc...

I can also go on about people hating on people dropping "insider" info whether they are legitimately real or fake, but again, these people (losers on the internet) are losers in the real world.

8. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Yes!!!!! Unchain Kelly!!!!!!!

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

"Kelly Iko" is Morey's burner account.

The Cat likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It's funny how people treat reports as "black" or "white." Same with insiders. The reality is things are constantly changing. And there are many sources with different agendas. And over time things change. Circumstances change.

Context and Nuance.

luckyman76 and jch1911 like this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

MCW and Austin Rivers, I think we're good on players I dont want to see on this team for now.

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

BigShasta likes this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure he can effectively guard the taller wings like KG, alphabet, etc

he's only 6'5" and he's also already 29. plus someone here mentioned he's not that fond of h-town

BaselineFade and cdxiong like this.
  16. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Bazemore always seemed a bit overrated here but he's actually been quietly having his best season on a terrible Hawks team.

- One of 3 players averaging over 2 spg and 1 bpg (per36 -- of qualified players) -- along with Robert Covington and Nerlens Noel. He's averaging 1.7s/1.0b, or 2.3s/1.3b per36.
    - He's an average shooter from 3 (35.6% for his career, only 32.9% for the season), but he's very good from the corners (41.4% for his career, 39.4% this year). He'll get many, many more looks here than he ever did in ATL.

I'd be happy to grab him, but I'd be more excited about his teammate Taurean Prince (though I doubt he's on the block). I want a 6'8"-6'9" versatile player to fill LMAM's void. Even a DeMarre Carroll type would help quite a bit.

dlite316, Corrosion, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  17. raining threes

Is Baze really that much better than KCP?

18. ballgame

ballgame Member

THANK YOU! When are people going to stop propping this guy?? He's 6'5".....WE NEED LENGTH

BasketMAD, Moleb and BaselineFade like this.
  19. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I don't trust players who suddenly 'play great' or begin having their best season on a terrible team.

I generally don't trust players who play good on terrible teams, but especially players who suddenly begin to have a resurgence or suddenly begin playing over their par/against their trend while on a terrible team.

You can use MCW himself for the later,

however, to put it in better perspective. When Mike James left the Rockets after the 05-06 season.. He ended up averaging >20 PPG, and close to 6 assists for the Raptors. WHO?!? Mike James

Did you see what I did there at the end? Most here nowadays will never get that... .. .

20. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

Bazemore makes up for his height with his 7 ft wingspan.

#1200 TheRedRanger, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    TheRealAllpro and RocketsMAN! like this.