1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kent Bazemore meeting with Rockets as we speak (UPDATE: Signs with Hawks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If LBJ and PG13 don't work out, could a Anderson + 1st and/or (up to 2) 2nds for Bazemore be in play?

At least with Bazemore, we could at least play him against the Warriors. He has the length and athletic ability to switch on Klay and KD, and he shoots the ball well enough (and often enough, unlike "Never-shoot" Ryan) to keep them somewhat honest defensively.

His contract is terrible but it's slightly less than Anderson (20M vs. 17M) for the same amount of time, and I have no problem paying wing guys who can be serviceable 3/D guys. Hawks are going to be rebuilding so a combination of a 1st, 2nd and prospects will probably be enough to sway them.

This could also drive down Ariza's potential contract, or even make him completely expendable if the price is a little too much. I'm definitely not comfortable paying an aging Ariza 8-10M/year.

steddinotayto and BigShasta like this.
  2. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Bazemore came into the league a pretty poor 3 point shooter but has improved every year. Last year he shot 39% from beyond the arc. Compare to that to 35% for Ariza and his 28% in the playoffs, he’s an upgrade shooting wise. Then again, he’s only 6’5” so I’m not sure he can guard taller forwards.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Neither him, nor Morey.

4. basketballholic

Bazemore would have been traded for cp3 if he had signed here.

5. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

True, Curry and Thompson make a huge difference. The problem is, Anderson can’t stick with any of them one on one which means someone else has to leave their man to help defend. This leaves either Thompson or Curry, two of the best shooters in the game, wide open. That’s not a recipe for good defense. Add to the fact that Anderson lost all confidence with his shot and he becomes a major liability. That’s why he wasn’t on the court before. Moute is the better defender and can hit the 3 when healthy. Unfortunately he wasn’t able to go due to his shoulder. MDA gambled by playing Anderson in game 7 due to injuries. When Anderson was on the floor Curry caught fire, as did Thompson, and the Warriors went on a big run to turn the game around in their favor. This was of course magnified by Ariza’s poor shooting.

#1065 RocketOrg, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. I would not help Anderson on Durant. No matter what defender was guarding him, he was hitting impossible shots. He will make or miss regardless if its Anderson, Tucker, CP, Ariza. Might as well make them iso. You saw game 1, would Anderson have done any worse than we were doing on Durant? He made everything.

Anderson lost confidence in his shot because he didn't get consistent playing time. D'Antoni who usually instills confidence in players pretty much destroyed Anderson's. He played like 20 minutes in the last two rounds, how do you expect him to be a consistent shooter.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Stupid ass bump. Got excited for a second.

hibbetts, ISOBall, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

lmao, maybe the rockets and hawks are really talking right now.

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Do not want this scrub:
    [​IMG]

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Melo is coming here, and he fits better in Houston than Bazemore despite his age and shortcomings. I didn't know that the Pelicans were after Bazemore too. E. Moore's contract is really nice, 4 yrs/34 M with 8.8 M this year. I'm sure Atlanta would like that instead of nearly 40 M for 2 yrs with Bazemore. They would have to add another pretty big contract for that to work. Why should they do that? It would hurt their depth.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

don't baze us, err i mean taze, errr i mean tease us bro

TheRedRanger and saleem like this.
  12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I saw Anderson + Onuaku+ 2019 First Round pick for Bazemore on one of those NBA sites linked from twitter. Thats a freaking steal if that is all it takes.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  13. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

Is it really a steal? It is still a steal if we are dropping a 1st? Would Zhou Qi or Hartenstein be just as worth a 1st RD Pick?

I'd honestly rather have a 1st that a pick, and I guess ATL would too.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know you're being hypothetical, but cross Joe Chee off any trade spec. He's our lifeline to Chinese fans and $$$.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bazemore is a plus player. The idea that he is a scrub is laughable.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  16. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

he's getting paid more than Capela

17. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man I got all excited then mad for nothing ! Lol

ISOBall likes this.
  18. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

This forum isnt fun with all these random ass bumps that dont get locked immediately. The front page is always filled with misinformation bs

kevtse likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're a top team. It's a lateeee first. This is your window with CP3 maxed. Not a big deal IMO. Having $20mil in non-functional talent sitting on the bench, that's the bigger issue.

Mathloom and justtxyank like this.