1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kent Bazemore meeting with Rockets as we speak (UPDATE: Signs with Hawks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I guess they view Kent as Harden's Robin. Gotta think he's a Superstar in the making.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I imagine he's not "the key", but he's another arrow in the quiver. If Bazemore signs with Houston, Horford will see that he's not returning to the same team (No Bazemore or Teague). Houston can sell him on familiarity, friendships, max contract and playing with Harden.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Seriously?

When you are making 15 mils or 18 mils, you really want to concern about the cost of living in that city?

Or rather think about how many strip clubs you can find there?

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harden + which other four?

I don't think he's top 5 at all.

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

LOL!!!!!

T_Man

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden,Hakeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler &amp;especially <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> owner Leslie Alexander really impress Kent Bazemore <a href="https://t.co/8jpvhhV6h1">pic.twitter.com/8jpvhhV6h1</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/748895014135095296">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I want to see this tweet again in two years when Harden signs with the Lakers :rolleyes:

7. T_Man

Anyway you look at it.. It looks like a gimmick...

T_Man

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If you're picking the disaster that is the Nets over the Rockets over extra money that living in New York will wipe out, then yes you should take that into consideration. Unless living in New York is more important than at least having a shot at winning.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think Bazemore would be a good fit. He'd immediately improve our defense and I like the idea of him playing with Harden. While I also think giving Bazemore $60 million over 4 years is nuts, maybe that's what the market is today. Perhaps we could offer a player option in season 3 to close a deal. If we could keep Ariza and reduce his minutes to around 20-25 minutes a game, he'd become a lot more effective, in my opinion. The guy has played 35+ minutes a game the last 3 seasons and has been in the league a long time. His contract is a steal and getting smaller every year. And if Bazemore helps get us Horford, I'd start to get excited. Still think we need a new starting point, but maybe Pringles is turned on by James playing a lot at the 1.

This is a weird off-season.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty much this.

11. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

His agent is based in Houston.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/austin-walton-9802897

1 person likes this.
  12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I want to know which members of this team to meet Bazemore also attended the meeting to meet Lin several seasons ago.

Frankly, that Lin at that time actually had a little more excitement and expectation than Bazemore now.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm actually excited about the pursuit of Bazemore.

Has a certain dark horse appeal about it. It's not just the "big name" everyone is chasing. It's a pre-req move for another FA.... a domino trying to knock down another domino.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wow, they had the whole Hee Haw gang there to pitch Bazemore.

Glide. Dream. Les. Beard.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Have not gotten Baze yet. Has multiple offers, will get more. If land him, Ariza could move, but could play more 4. <a href="https://t.co/gqhS7LY8dv">https://t.co/gqhS7LY8dv</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/748896548671545344">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. T_Man

I'm going to revisit this message from you around Jan 05, 2017...

:grin:

T_Man

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

This kid must be big for us to bring out all 4 of them

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Why do you think Demarre Carroll signed with the Raptor last year after his breakout season in the Hawks?

Why do you think Lin will sign with the Nets within 12 hours after the market opened?

They are NOT star players, they are more likely to be a scrub in the next season compare to their last one.

They are more likely to be a one hit wonder.

They know these facts and they will take the money and run anytime they can.

Same as Bazemore.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

I imagine Harden will just roll his eyes in 2018 when we make our pitch to keep him and bring Hakeem, Clyde, Sampson, Bull, and Moses Malone Jr.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Our pitch is the most money.