1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenosha police shoots black man multiple times in his back in front of his children, declares curfew

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 23, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. great words from Doc Rivers about this vicious shooting. His dad was a cop too. I wonder if Trump yelled out outrage about a man getting shot in the back 7 times right in front of his kids during his circus act tonight. Probably not. Just my guess.

He fools his followers saying Biden wants to defund cops, which is an outright lie. Biden wants better training and programs. He does not want to defund them.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Tons of shootings tonight in kenosha. Amazing that the mainstream media has no reporters on the ground.

4. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Here is a former cop and Black guys take. You won't watch. But in short- don't be a criminal, don't be a dumbass/resist arrest = you won't get shot. White, black, blue it doesn't matter. Dude was a piece of **** and played stupid games and won stupid prizes. Harsh I know, but sometimes try to think with facts and not emotions.

And what does Trump have to do with this?

BLM became popular during Obama(conveniently during election time as well), and as a man in a interracial marriage it was divisive with my wifes' family and me/her(this was during Obama,not Trump).. Divisive enough that we pretty much cut most of them off; so don't give me this bullshit on how Trump is dividing this country. You can thank BLM/Antifa/MSM/NBA/NFL etc.and people like you for that.

Wattafan likes this.
  5. Senator

Senator Member

Yeah, this is it. You are the silent majority the media can't sell the drama too so they ignore you. Most partisans I know can't stand Trump but will vote for him .. again ... because of your last sentence. And these are minorities, professionals, blue collar, white collar .... absolutely none of them are white supremacists with confed flags

6. Nook

Nook Member

You live in a fantasy world.

DVauthrin, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Senator

Senator Member

Jacob Blake, the man shot by police in Kenosha, Wisc., has a history of assaulting police. He also has past charges for domestic abuse & a sex crime. There's a warrant for his arrest. BLM rioters are currently destroying the city to avenge the shooting.

BLM is the anti-Obama and will get Trump elected again. What an embarrassment to forward progress. Constantly acting aggressive, violent and racist to white people to support violent repeat offenders. No country would be as nice to them as the US, and that niceness has been exploited for too long.

8. Senator

Senator Member

All these guys have long rap sheets, crimes against women, violence, resist orders to comply, make life difficult, this guy fought back, some of them reach for weapons and use them against officers... the ones who kill officers don't make the news ... I mean when will Lebron grow a pair and say enough is enough? We gotta change the way we act..instead of pretending like that isn't the issue. Embarrassment to intelligent , hard working and honest African Americans.

Wattafan likes this.
  9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Extremely graphic footage of dude who got most his arm blown off

Wattafan likes this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is good advice, but it still doesn’t address the underlying problem.

People will be dumbasses. People will make mistakes in judgment, especially when put in stressful situations.

Black people are disproportionately punished for this. I think racial bias at many different levels factor in to that.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

To say I am voting for Trump because I want to end this chaos and violence is about as absurd as saying you want to vote for Trump because of how he handled the Coronavirus.

This is his watch!!
    This civil unrest around the country is under his watch. This is what happens when a wanna be Dictator is in charge. This is how civil wars and unrest start.

We need a leader who pushes for reform, gives people hope, healthcare, and programs to help them rise out of poverty. We need police reform and training. We need someone who cares about more than the top 1% of Americans, when it comes to making ends meet. Hard working Americans shouldn't be scraping to make ends meet because they are spending 400-$700 a month on health care for themselves or their family.

We have always had robbers, rapists, and criminals. We have never had uprisings happening all across the country for months like this. This is civil unrest, and if Trump stays in office I don't see it getting better by any means. We have National Guard as enforcers of the people now. What's next? The Army and Marines? What's next? A Civil War? If this keeps up we will have tanks rolling down the streets across America like in one of those countries people left or escaped.

This is exactly why I will vote for Biden/Harris
    I don't want to see a man who idolizes Dictators turn into one. If he had it his way he would end term limits. You can't stop the madness until you remove the madman at the helm.

#151 deb4rockets, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    DVauthrin, rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But this problem is causing other problems that are spiraling out of control.
    People are not from that town are punishing the entire town by arson.
    The townspeople fearing for the safety and property are armed and ready to shoot.

At this point, people are looking for violence on all sides.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The implied threat here is that the mayhem will continue until people vote the way the rioters want them to.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

America is made up of more than rioters. I just hope the majority can see we need a new leader to have a better life. I know you and I see things differently. This is my opinion. My life was much worse with Trump as President Your story may be different. Your vote is your choice.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. durvasa

Proponents of this sort of response will argue that peaceful, non-violent protest will not affect change in a system that propagates violence in black communities. I think they are wrong in principle, as well as in tactics.

tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Once again, protest gets turned into deadly riot by heavily armed right wing boogaloo types:

Nook, Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

What Bearded Candace Owens conveniently glosses over is....

• The fact the police were horribly inept in performing their duties
    • We don't know why Blake was assaulted by the police to begin with
    • Blake's criminal record was not known to the police and therefore would play no role in their response
    • Blake's criminal record is not relevant to evaluating the facts of this case and bringing it up means you are at best engaging in character assassination or victim blaming
    He's right about the behavior of the suspect. That was dumb of him and put his life in danger, but these type of conservative police apologists always use the same playbook. Shift blame, ignore context, lie by omission, all while pretending to be all about civil liberties. Such a joke. I've watched interviews with Tatum, and while his heart is in the right place (unlike his counterpart Owens who is a total grifter and grievance merchant), his brain is not.

Nook, DVauthrin, durvasa and 4 others like this.
  18. durvasa

The video sickens me. How can people just causally react to a man being shot down like an animal by further dehumanizing him? So, he was being foolish in how he was responding to the cops. So what? As a cop, is that your response? Use deadly force because someone didn’t follow orders or resists arrest? And you do it in broad daylight with bystanders right there yelling out in fear over what’s about to take place. Are these cops so stupid as to think that what the bystanders were afraid of was the guy refusing their orders and not the guys with guns drawn ready to shoot to kill in order to “protect and serve the community”?

Black lives matter, and these cops still don’t get it.

Nook, DVauthrin, deb4rockets and 3 others like this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

We have to have a hard reset on our expectations of police and their entrenchment as an interest group in this country.

When you contrast the "hands where I can see them or I get to kill you (and I can maybe kill you anyway)" mode of operation for the police over the last 40+ years with how the military operates, it's no wonder we're in this situation. Video starts at 27+ minute mark and is well worth watching the final 5 minutes.

Bundle this ambient level of violent S.O.P. with how deeply corrupt most P.D.s and their Unions are allowed to be, and you see how things have gone this wrong.

#159 DonnyMost, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm all for business owners protecting their businesses from riots. I believe they should. But the boogaloo Bois or whatever they're called are only making the situation worse.

If we had a real leader, he would make a national address of unity and say that the entire city will shut down at x hour and the army will be deployed. Anyone on the streets will be arrested and declare the violence to be over. Once again, all in the name of unity. He'd condemn the police for the shooting while graciously saying we need to be better and respond to LE better. This is a tragedy of epic proportions. For business owners. For Mr. Blake. For police officers. For black folks. For everyone.

If we had a real leader for President, this could easily be stopped. Sadly, both sides only want to play politics because they feel it furthers their own political agenda.

Nook, DVauthrin, DonnyMost and 2 others like this.