1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenosha police shoots black man multiple times in his back in front of his children, declares curfew

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I guess the good thing is he isn't dead, and he will end up a very rich man, but why do these cops keep having to shoot black people.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems to me cops aren't really sure what to do when someone resists arrests or doesn't comply and starts to simply ignore them. The guy points his gun and issues and order but the guy is moving away.

These cops don't seem to be properly trained.

Would you say that is the key issue here @Nook ?

DVauthrin, jiggyfly, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I am not sure if they didn’t know what to do because of poor training OR they made the decision they were not going to physically take him to the ground because of personal safety so they just shot him when he didn’t stop.

What is clear to me is the vast majority of law enforcement is overwhelmingly concerned about eliminating all personal risk at the expense of the safety of anyone else.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, with a phantom gun? Being a law enforcement officer means that there is some degree of personal risk.
    Unfortunately the simplest answer is likely the most honest answer, the officers were only really concerned with their own safety at all costs; even when the risk was remote.

They could have hit him with a baton, they could have tackled him from behind... but that means possible injury tussling with the man... so instead they let him walk away TOWARDS three children and shot the man 7 times in the back only a foot or two from children... because it was easier.

They shouldn’t be officers. They are cowards. Being a law enforcement officer isn’t for everyone.

DVauthrin, joshuaao, malakas and 9 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

police are garbage...anyone can miss me with the few bad apples rhetoric

there’s a ton of rotten apples, and then a bunch of apples in the barrel about to expire with a few good apples mixed in

I would be very reluctant to ever call the cops for anything, because I have no clue what I’m about to get...a moron, a coward, a white supremacist that has infiltrated the force, a racist, an idiot on a power trip, an actual good cop who’s good at his job...I have no clue

then they can do whatever, manipulate the evidence, and often get away with wrongdoing

u can murder someone and not get the death penalty...in the case of the cops, u can do that anf get paid vacation...however, if u disrespect a cop or don’t follow their orders, that can be grounds for your execution

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What makes them BLM rioters vs just....rioters?

Fulgore and RayRay10 like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The argument that "If they tackled him people would have complained."

Isn't really true. Thousands of arrests are made every day and I'm willing to bet a large chunk of those deal with people resisting and maybe even being forced to the ground. I mean, we saw that on Cops and Live PD a ton of times. I'm sure people would have grumbled about it, sure, but just assuming that there would be outcry over a simple tackling is dishonest for me.

I mean there was a story, a month or so ago, of a citizen HELPING an officer detain someone. Most reasonable people understand the police have to get rough sometimes...but there is a difference between tackling someone...then beating their face in...or kneeling on their neck.

I mean, guy gets shot in front of his kids, in front of everyone, and while he should not have resisted, that situation should not have happened. Should be a lot more empathy from some about what happened.

DVauthrin, joshuaao, Nook and 3 others like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And once again, you're more worried about the destroyed property over destroyed lives and you wonder why people say Black Lives Matter.

Anyone I see on twitter that doesn't offer an ounce of empathy towards the affected family before tweeting out "RIOT" p*rn...yall are suspect and are the reason people #BLM.

joshuaao, Nook, Fulgore and 2 others like this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's a lose lose for everyone involved. Should have been avoided. Could have been avoided.

What a terrible thing. Sad.

JayGoogle, B@ffled and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

These business owners do pay the officers salaries so it kinda makes sense to destroy their businesses so they can't pay the salaries anymore.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

all I’ve seen so far is that he was breaking up a fight between 2 women, police come, and then he gets tased like he was the one committing wrong

How do we know the police didn’t just assume he was the one who was guilty and tase him? He’s getting tased, is like “Wtf? I was trying to break things up,” and at that point is fed up with the whole thing and decides to leave. Cops are barking at him, but he’s done with this situation and is walking to his car to head out. Police then decide to light him up. He had his 3 kids in the car, so him calmly walking to his car to pull out some weapon and kill the cops isn’t believable.

13. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'm not making excuses and I firmly believe what happened could have and should have been avoided. Here's a story that happened on the same day. LE isn't an easy job and I wouldn't want to do it. I think everyone agrees we need our police to be better trained. I also think we need our kids educated to know what can happen if you resist arrest. It's something I plan on talking to my kids about today and will drive that point home as they get closer to an age where they can drive.
    https://nationalfile.com/video-3-po...opened-doors-on-same-day-as-kenosha-shooting/

T_Man and Andre0087 like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. I misquoted.

T_Man and RayRay10 like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to point out that the decision to use lethal force was made earlier than what is seen in the video as the video starts with the LE with firearms drawn. At that point they'd already decided not to try to take Blake down other ways.

What I'm not clear about is when Blake was tasered and what happened there. Blake appears to be walking fine and while we know tasers don't always work it would seem to have left some sort of effect. Did the taser completely fail to even hit him and how soon after that did the LE decide to go to lethal force?

I still haven't heard whether there was a weapon in the car at all.

jiggyfly, Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

There were multiple LE there.. so you mean they only had one taser????

T_Man

Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's come to my conclusion that this has become "high horse" p*rn for people who post like you. You don't care about sincerely allivating tensions. You just care about that boner you get from perceiving you are better than them.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I just don't understand why cops avoid physical confrontations when they have the numbers. It would have been 3 on 1. Or at least two on one with the other guy controlling the scene. You've got weapons, he doesn't.

These guys need more hand to hand combat training. It's obviously clear. Yang had a good idea when he said LEOs need to be a purple belt or higher in jiu jitsu. It's hard to obtain, but it may be necessary. These guys wouldn't have been afraid to engage here, and it would have saved a riot and potentially a life (Blake is still alive).

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  20. edwardc

edwardc Member