1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenosha police shoots black man multiple times in his back in front of his children, declares curfew

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The cops wanted to prove they can shoot him on a legal technicality. The man called them on their childishness. They shot him.

Turns out the cops were right. In America, they can shoot him and the maximum risk is getting fired from their job and even that will require that armed citizen riots take place.

If one of those kids did a lifetime of therapy and have the best mother in the world and still ended up killing cops, no one should be surprised.

Bad guys in superhero movies don’t have this dark a history. Wtf are your reps doing?

It’s so morally repulsive, and I’m comparing to the freaking Middle East ffs.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I’m talking about some point in time from he got up from the ground. strolled over to the other side of the car, to then looking into this car. Why did they wait for him to do all that and then shoot him in the back? How is a human life valued so little that this is how they handle that situation?

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What brawl?

What in his stroll around the vehicle makes you think he was going to retaliate?

So now cops can't see 3 kids in the car? how does that make any sense?

How do you know the cops were not there and saw him put them in car since we creating scenarios?

You are all over the place on this my main issue is that they let the situation escalate, how can it not be an error of judgment if they let get off the ground and walk by 3 officers to open a car door?

You are not making sense as usual.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This is where the contrast between the military and the police is amazing to me, because in the military it's basically the opposite.

How in the world is the military more strictly regulated than the police in their use of force?

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They have no problem firing their deadly weapon multiple times in his back,p. Why not use the stun gun again to subdue him? Was it their belief that he is immune to it?

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Explain, por favor

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I absolutely agree with this post.

My heart goes out to Blake and his family but also to the people of Kenosha. This is a terrible situation but destroying the city isn't the answer. People who have nothing to do with this are being hurt as their businesses are burned and looted.

To make matters much worse with protesters being shot shows that attitudes on both sides are hardening and we are inching closer to sectarian warfare that we've seen rip apart other countries.

We need to see all of the information with this incident including the body cam videos. We need these LEO held accountable. Even if the moment of shooting was justified it should've never got to that point. We need to focus on peacfeful protests rather than "BURN IT DOWN!" The shooter(s) who shot the protesters need to be taken into custody.

Nook, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

They could have, yeah. That's something I'd argue at least if I'm Blake's attorney in a civil suit. Must ask yourself: would a jury of 12 find it reasonable to use lethal force when a suspect is reaching into his car after being commanded at gunpoint to stop? I'd have a hard time saying it's unreasonable. Tragedy that Blake got shot because maybe he's a decent father and generally good person, who knows. But if we're looking at the causal chain of events, his choices played a large role in getting shot. I don't suspect the outcome would be any different if he were white

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Did you miss the part where the police wrestled with him in an attempt to arrest him and he was unsuccessfully tasered?

Because he was just in a literal fight with the police?

What did you expect him to pull out of his vehicle? A bouquet of flowers?

Because it's fairly plausible that anyone might miss such a detail if involved in a heated moment.

What? I'm not creating anything, I'm exposing what is plausible/possible.

This is semantics but they didn't decide to not detain him, they were physically unable to do so.

I'm not surprised to see you not comprehending any of this, but my responses are mostly for those looking on who may be confused or need clarification.

Jayzers_100 and RayRay10 like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And once again you ignore everything else that led up to it.

Yes it matters what happens before and you admitted as much before in this thread.

Why were there guns out before he even started walking around the car?

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Defund the poleeeese. Actually from the available videos it appeared as pure self defense.

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I wouldn't support a President that called out the army to deal with stuff like what we saw in Kenosha. I'm pretty sure if the army had been called in out in Minneapolis that would've made things worse.

One thing I will agree with those saying this is happening under Democratic mayors is yes under Federalism the primary response should be local and while National Guard can and will used Federal forces are the very last force that should be used an only with the approval and cooperation of the governors.

That doesn't mean there isn't a place for Presidential leadership. The President wields a large bully pulpit and our current leader uses that to insult , divide and deflect responsibility. The President should be calling for calm and working closely with those Democratic Mayors and Governors rather than insulting them. The President should be inviting representatives from BLM, NAACP and other leaders along with Police Chiefs and representatives of LE Unions to meet and work out possible solutions to move forward. At the minimum the President should be expressing sympathy to the families of those killed. As we know though Trump is just incapable of expressing sympathy.

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The events before are relevant for establishing the respective parties' state of mind. Suspect has resisted arrest against armed cops and is angry; cops know suspect is angry. Cops see suspect reaching into car. The vibe you're giving off is the cops' inaction gave Blake the greenlight to reach into his vehicle(?)

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wrestling and brawl are 2 seperate things and Blake did not look at all threatening when he was walking.

You don't know all the facts yet you are telling me what is plausible that's creating a scenario.

Was he pulling anything out of the car?

Did he have anything to pull out of the car?

Maybe he was just turning off the ignition since his kids were in the car is that not plausible.

Why do you think he had to be pulling something out of the car that was dangerous, it seems that you are just like cops shoot 1st and ask questions later.

So there has been no report of a weapon how does this fit in your plausible scenario?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How about the cops not doing their job and letting him walk all the way around the vehicle without trying to stop him?

It's no vibe the cops inaction did give Blake the chance to reach into his vehicle its right there on tape.

How can you argue otherwise.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Ok I probably won't reply much more because you're not acknowledging the basic fact that you must only look at the accused's state of mind when determining whether they're criminally or civilly liable for what transpired. For the millionth time, the cops' lack of tackling Blake has no bearing on whether he can reach for a gun, he absolutely has zero right to do so. And any logical person will assume he's reaching for a gun. It makes no difference whether there was actually a gun concealed in that vehicle or not; it appears that he's reaching for one. It would be idiotic for them to withhold fire until they wait for him to pull the theoretical gun out and have a chance to shoot it

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I haven't seen any firm confirmation about who this guy is or why they were there. Even accepting that they were there to protect property and came armed these guys are very unhelpful.

During the height of things in Minneapolis we had all sorts of reports of strange people in the neighborhood showing up armed. There were several cases of people coming from other parts of Minneapolis or the state to try to help out. The problem though is that in this type of situation there is a lot of confusion and people showing up to help can get easily get confused with people there to cause trouble. I know from monitoring internet reports on both my neighborhood forum and city wide forums there were several incidents where two groups of people with the best intentions confronted each other and we're lucky the worst that came from it was some angry shouting.

Seeing the images of these guys they just show up armed, with nothing identifying themselves or even without high visibility vests. Even if they are exactly what they claimed to be there presence adds to the confusion and raises the tension.

RayRay10 likes this.