1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny, we miss you!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iOrange, May 2, 2003.

1. iOrange

iOrange Member

Sorry Kenny, I'm not talking about you. Guess joking with Charles all night must be ok with you.

The guy we miss is

Kenny Thomas

A crazy offensive rebounding machine againt the best inside team at east, great low post defender, fighting in every hustle play, timely shooter, defering to AI, KVH, even DC and Snow, playing as the coach (read Larry Brown) tells you while everybody in NBA knows you are a great one-on-one PF as good as A. Walker.

Isn't there a guy called the-missing-piece-to-Houston Elton Brand whom all the Rox fans are crazy about this offseason? What can this Brand guy do better than you? not too much in playoffs... heh...

Who can remind me why we traded you to phily? OH...last year contract, need for a SF, tons of 'promising' PF and ... 'The guy cannot coexist with other three great players', 'He demands the ball too much', 'He never passes', 'He's cancer!', 'The ball movement stops at his hands.'...

Kenny, I have to say Rox made a good trade... JPo is what we need. What makes me miss you and ponder on the trade is the way you are playing in 76ers, with AI. What makes you a total different type of player? What brings so much energy to you? What makes you so humble that ESPN keeps reminding people the Phily needs their No.2(3)(4) scorer to step up, called Keith Van Horn(Derek Coleman)(Eric Snow) and only praise your rebounding?

Three months in Phily... you have become a player we needed, a player we are looking for and probably will be still looking for next couple of years.

How long had you been with Rockets? What type of player you had developed to in Houston? What type..... I don't know.... but I know if the Brand guy comes here, he's going to be like you, be just like you, THAT type of player you used to be.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

heh. I like posey better. compared to kenny, posey is the model of consistency.

oh, and he's playing the exact same way in philly as he did in houston. there's no difference.

3. verse

verse Member

man, f*** kenny.

:p

4. leebigez

leebigez Member

You would b better served comparing KT to Malik Rose or Corliss, but not Brand. Brand and Thomas are 2 seperate players, not the same. Thomas is a good player, but Brand plays alot bigger than his 6'8 frame. Behind Duncan,Garnett,Dirk,Webber, brand is the next best 4 in the league.

5. Mulder

Mulder Member

Cliff Notes version:

Oh my god, they traded Kenny! You bastards!

6. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Member

Don't speak on behalf of US:eek:

I don't miss him at all. And I like Pos much more than KT.:cool:

7. Uprising

Uprising Member

I wouldnt mind having KT over Eg, but Posey was great in return.

i was all for the trade when it was announced and it said we got Posey. Posey has been the only consistant player on the team.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

F*** Kenny Thomas

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Kenny was a very talented PG out of UNC. Somewhere along the line, he lost his defensive intensity and sometimes was accused of not playing with any heart. I'd say he changed that (at least the 2nd part) during the 2 championship runs when he hit some bigtime shots for us. He always........I'm sorry, what?....Kenny THOMAS?.......oh, I thought you meant...

Nevermind.

10. walls

walls Member

Kenny who? :rolleyes:

11. tsl99

tsl99 Member

Did you see KT played in Philly?

He played much better then he did in Houston, you know what is the difference ove there, Coach!

12. codell

codell Member

Yup ....Rudy was just holding KT back.

13. Uprising

Uprising Member

ok.... what is the point of this thread? He is an ex rocket.

He is doing well, put also putting up the same numbers he has here in houston.

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Member

what happens if Posey leaves for more money somewhere else, is it still a good trade???

15. tsl99

tsl99 Member

The point is.... it's about time to upgrade our Coach. We really need to give credits to Larry Brown, he can play any guy.

16. tsl99

tsl99 Member

KT doesn't fit Rockets anyway.

17. heypartner

heypartner Member

I agree with codell...Rudy and Griffin stunted the development of Kenny.

18. DavidS

DavidS Member

I'm glad that KT is on a good team that uses him the right way.

But Rudy's system doesn't have enough movement to make good players better (Francis/Mobley: Two shooting guards).

Posey is better for us. And Posey will only get better if we change our offense (kill the iso).

19. Yetti

Yetti Member

It is quite obvious that Kenny didnt play like he is now, while he was on the Rockets. Is he playing his heart out because A) Wants a big contract. B) He's on a winning team in the playoffs.
    C) He is now under a Coach that demands excelence from his players and Kenny is trying his best to give it. D) The fact that he is playing with others that are realy aggressive and its contagious and he has lifted himself to their level.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You're silly. Kenny averaged 10 pts and 8 boards this year for Philly. Last year he averaged 14 and 7 and he shoots roughly the same percentage. You have know idea what you are talking about.