1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Thomas!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KeepJuaquin, Mar 28, 2003.

1. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

http://www.courierpostonline.com/news/sports/s032803g.htm

"Thomas, Buckner give Sixers bench boost"

"...Thomas also is adjusting. The 6-foot-7, 245-pound forward has missed 10 games with the Sixers due to injury this season, six with a right thigh bruise and four with a right ankle sprain. He's started 17 games for the Sixers, mostly at small forward, but has been coming off the bench since the team's signing of Tyrone Hill on March 3.

The 25-year-old Thomas had 10 points on 4-for-5 shooting and grabbed 10 rebounds in the Sixers' 91-85 win at Indiana on Wednesday night in 38 solid minutes.

'It's been difficult because Larry Brown and (Houston coach) Rudy (Tomjanovich) are two different coaches," said Thomas, who is averaging nine points and 7.1 rebounds and shooting 48.2 percent in 34 games with the Sixers. "Larry Brown is more emotional, and Rudy's more laid back. I really haven't had that (an emotional coach) in my career.'"

2. dischead

dischead Member

He had 18 rebounds today in 32 mins.
    Jefferson with 39 points 16-22 from the field.

These Rocket trades dont look good!

3. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Man, Thomas has ONE good game and yall wanna jock him. I'd still rather have Posey than him. And as far as the Griffin-Jefferson trade, isn't Eddie younger? He hasn't gotten the minutes that Richard has, plus they both play in a two completely different offensive systems.

4. Uprising

Uprising Member

I wish we traded eddie, not Thomas.

5. Chip123456

Chip123456 Member

You're wrong shooter, only one of them plays in an offensive system and he has a gray jersey.

6. dj_willy

dj_willy Member

trade yao to get kenny back!

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Did KT's team win when he got 22 rebounds?

;)

DD

8. uac

uac Member

This is most intelligent post I have seen so far.
    :)

9. Sane

Sane Member

If our star player consistently shot barely 40% from the field, while taking 30+ shots every night, and your playing alongside Keith Van Horn at PF, and Derrick Coleman at C, you sure as hell better get 18 rebounds.

10. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

What does this thread have to do with the ROCKETS? Come on guys, seriously. This needs to be in the general NBA section.

11. Kim

Kim Member

I think Rudy has calmed a lot over the last 4 years. I remember him getting so pissed one game a couple of years ago that he left the bench early to the locker room and walked out on the team.

He used to get pissed at players and yell at them. Now, he is mostly positive, much more patient, and keeps in mind the big picture of building and team long term.

Rudy T is a good man and he's living life with a lot less stress. He needs to because of his health. Emotion works, but it could wear out on a team. Just because AI and the76ers are gelling now, does not negate the tulmultuous rollar coaster ride among the team and Larry Brown over the last 4 years. Remember when AI would complain about Brown getting on his case too much?

I'm not saying here that laid back is better or worse than emotional coaching style. There are many examples of coaches winning with either style.

The point for me is Rudy T is a better coach than y'all make him out to be. He's a long term planner. He's not God and he's not perfect, and he's not the best coach out there in my opion. But he's a good coach who chooses not to be too firery all the time because it will hinder his health, and possible endanger his life.

Is he the right fit for this team? It might not look like it now, but that's not part of Rudy's master plan. A fiery coach might bring some short term improvement, but he could alienate his players, and his emotion could become useless over time.

So KT is right: Rudy and Larry are different, but if you ask Rudy or Larry, both of them would consider the other terrific coaches, a sentiment they publically communicated while they coached together in the 2000 Olympics.

12. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

Kim, I think you're right. Rudy takes it easy with his players and let them outgrow their mistakes. Exactly why I think the team now struggle to adjust to Larry Smith's more mean style.

Rudy's good. I hope he comes back in playoffs if we somehow make it.

13. TBar

TBar Member

dj -- Willy - if we give up Yao - then they should at least give up Derrick Coleman too!! Think of coleman coming off the bench with Glen Rice!!! It would take care of our power forward spot, or Coleman could play center too!!

Excellent!!!

14. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

Sorry for posting this thread in this forum, but Kenny Thomas was a former Rocket. So it is related to the Rockets. And in the article, KT compares Rudy T. and Larry Brown. I wanted to know your opinions on what Kenny Thomas said about the coaches.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Don't apologize. . . this *is* the right forum
    This is for Rockets and FORMER Rockets

Don't let the so call wanna be forum police scare ya

Rocket River

16. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

yea dont apologize, if people think it should be in another forum then who cares! whoopteedo ! they wont have to read it, any way go rockets!