1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Thomas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sixersonline, Dec 18, 2002.

1. sixersonline

sixersonline New Member

Greeting Rockets fan. Sixers fan here.

If any of you would be so kind, would mind giving me a detailed breakdown of Kenny Thomas' complete game both offensively and defensively, strengths and weaknesses.

Also, I'm interesting in knowing if he's played much SF for you guys, if any at all. and if so, how would assess him defensively at the SF.

Thanks.

2. Franchiseclutch

he is a hard working man! Always up for any challege! He is a slow Small Forward and an undersized Power Foreward.
    He is an offensive threat and can get the other teams power forward in foul trouble.
    He is a great player with a big heart, u guys are lucky to get him considering what you gave up.

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

good defender, decent rebounder. Great work ethic.

Good at driving it aggressively to the hole. More of a face-up player but can post up a lil too.

His jumper is erratic. Sometimes plays selfish and makes really bonehead decisions.

Quick and athletic enough to play the 3 and 4 imo.

He'll do good for Philly I think.

4. ZRB

ZRB Member

Kenny has great low post moves, but has trouble finishing against the bigger western conference forwards. He's probably going to have an easier time against the smaller eastern players. He usually requires an isolation to score his points, though he has been known to hit the outside shot, and score buckets on fast breaks.

When Kenny's jumper is falling, he is a very difficult player to defend. When it isn't, he usually has a terrible game. He seems to have improved his free throw shooting this season...

On defense, he is a bit undersized. But as I said, that should change with the move to the smaller eastern conference. He works hard, attacks the boards, and makes nifty passes when he's in the mood.

If Kenny were two inches taller, he would probably be an all star. Good luck to him. I hope he is successful with Philly.

5. dn1282

dn1282 Member

KT has no defense. He's a good offensive player i guess (maybe that's why you guys traded for him?)...but he is an iso type of player. He needs the ball and for everyone to clear out for him in order for him to be able to do his thing. Don't know how many isos he'll be getting playing with AI.

6. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

He is a hard worker. But that is about all he is, he realy does not shoot well, defend well, rebound well, but he has heart and gives 100% no matter who he is going up against. I think he is a great pick for the 76ers. He can play both Small Forward and Power Forward.

7. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

sorry sixersonline, he isn't a Rockets fan. K.T. was the best one-on-one defender on our team and Rudy once called him "one of the best defensive forwards in the league."

here's the #s you could expect from K.T. if he gets about 38 min/g

14pt / 7.5reb / 2.5asi / 1.2stl / 0.8blk and decent FG %

8. sixersonline

sixersonline New Member

Thanks guys. Each occasion I've had to seem the Rockets play, I've always been impressive with is offensive capabilities. Sounds like he's a guys who's not afraid to look for his own offense, when necessary ... which the sixers could definitely use.

I was wondering about his ability to play the 3, considering it's seems you guys traded him because of a log jam at the 4, but now he's coming into a similar situaiton here with Van Horn, Coleman, and Skinner all sharing minutes at the 4, at present.

38 mpg, seems overly generous. I see him being a 15-20 minute player for the sixers backing up the 3 and 4. Larry Brown likes to to use smallish 4's in a small lineup when he has the chance. Sounds like KT's quickness will fit in well with that.

Thanks again, for the lowdown guys.

Later.

P.S. I'll be back with the Rockets come to philly. We owe you major payback for that spanking last week. (AI should be due to go for 58 on you again ;) )

9. MONON

MONON Member

Sixersonline, as you can see from Hard Rock's figures on KT; he's a decent player. This year he moved from pf to sf due to our log jam at pf. As a pf, the knock on him was that the other major pfs in the west scored 20 ppg on him. I never understood that reasoning, because the other major pfs average 20 ppg. Tim Duncan once said that KT made him work as hard as anyone to get his points.

He rebounds well for his 6'7" size & lost some weight in the off season so he could play sf. He's all heart & effort. You will like him!!

10. don grahamleone

With Cuttino on him he'll be lucky to break 20! Bring it on. Hope to beat ya'll in the finals.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

And one other important thing about KT: He hasn't smiled in about a year and a half. Not exactly a barrel of laughs.

On the other hand, he's a tough, tough guy. Might come in handy when the Philly PD double-teams Iverson.

12. napster

napster Member

Logo wanted him.

13. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Member

He is gonna be miss! He is the blue collar job guy that will give you upps and ahhs type of pleayer, good defender and best on iso. Hate to see him go,but I guess that's what NBA is for.