1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Thomas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ehsan, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

I think he would make an excellent addition to the team if the Kings want to shed his salary.

He was very inconsistent with the Rockets, but upto a couple of years ago he showed that he can hit a good FT%, a good FG% and rebound at a terriffic rate all in the same season.

He's declined a bit ever since, but he has it in him. I still remember one game back when he was with the Rockets where Tim Duncan gave him props on his defense. Was JVG the coach when we had him? I'm sure JVG can give him some tips on defense, footwork and using his size.

Height is definitely a problem with him but he's in great shape. He's got great quickness, plays good defense and has decent range, more than Chuck but probably less than Juwan. he's decent at hitting the midrange, and he always plays with fire.

For those who think I'm overlooking this season, I'm not. I think we'll win the championship, but it never hurts to be proactive and improve your team when you can. I just thought it may be a good time to get him back and he would be able to fit in.

Thoughts?

2. armyman789

armyman789 Member

hey ehsan where are u from? Im just wondering because i recognize the word ehsan.

3. heypartner

heypartner Member

just say no to trade threads leading up to and during the playoffs.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Thoughts:

The only thing we have to offer in a fire sale is Bob Sura's essentially-expiring $3.whatever million salary. That would get you about halfway to acquiring Kenny. Plus you'd have to find a way to flush Juwan in a separate trade, not very likely. Also, unless his game has changed a lot since we traded him for Posey (who we didn't keep, just like Eddie Griffin, on whom we bet the farm and lost), he holds onto the ball too much...this team is based on, Get the ball to Yao or Tracy.

Les Alexander wouldn't trade for his salary anyway.

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I hate these kind of been there, done that suggestions

ie Francis/Cato.

KT wasnt much chop when we had him, his body has failed him since he left us.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

I'd have a few issues:

1. KT's game has been in decline for a few years now.
    2. KT is a pretty bad shooter, for a PF. Chucky's no Reggie Miller out there, but because he limits his shot selection, he shoots over 55%. KT has only been above 50% once.
    3. His salary. I doubt Sacramento would do a pure cut and release and eat his salary. We have no one to trade, or who you'd want to trade.

The only thing that might make sense is pairing him with Bibby and trading for him, but then they both make so much together, we don't have enough pieces to trade back.

I'd prefer Shareef over KT, but even he isn't much of an upgrade over Juwan at this point.

7. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Member

He's also had some chronic right elbow problems. They were giving him electrode therapy late last seaason so he could keep playing.

8. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

I agree with the points, but we can send them Juwan and a pick, they mght do it for the one year discount in salary. Maybe Juwan and 3M, then they negotiate a buyout with Juwan?

Sura and Spanoulis is another option, while trying to trade or cut Juwan.

KT has been around 50% since he's been in Sacramento and at around 10 boards per 40 minutes. Both are excellent. He's definitely declined over the last couple of seasons, but mostly due to health issues.

Around 50% for someone who doesn't have a dominant player on the team, and who shoots way more than Chuck is a great % IMO. Have we forgotten that Juwan shoots around 45%?

Juwan's definitely been better this season. But I think that if we could somehow get rid of him and acquire KT, this team would be in a better overall position.

Oh and for the people who can't grasp the concept that I can be excited about the playoffs and have another thought in my head about improving the Rockets at the same time, sorry.

9. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

I'm part Emirati (United Arab Emirates) and part Iranian. It's a semi-common name in the region.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'd rather keep Juwan and/or Spanoulis than acquire a beginning-to-fade KT.

11. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

Hell no, he sucks

12. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

no more older players please, lets get young and forget about the "win now" mentality.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

doesn't he hate the Roxs too :confused:

14. armyman789

armyman789 Member

i thought so. Im persian so ive heard the word ehsan before.

15. JuNx

JuNx Member

Hayes = Kenny Thomas

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

hes more similar to Juwan howard. I think he would fit in well. he's a younger, more athletic Juwon. That being said, i would trade much to get him.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

my issue (in addition to those already posted) is his size. we already have one undersized 4 and another who plays undersized.

backing up hayes needs to be someone with hight who can play some center when we need to go small.

a F/C with a jumper.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree. We need some additions, it's impossible to get them, that fact is VERY frustrating, and it's only a distraction in the run up to the playoffs and during the playoffs. And this is from someone that enjoys reading intelligent trade speculation. (I won't pretend that my own speculation fits that description!)