1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Thomas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Jan 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This guy is just a player
    Hate him all you want
    but
    the guy plays with heart and hustle

MAN!!! We could use some of that

Rocket River

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

He even had an ASSIST today!!!

Yinka Dare watch out!!! :cool:

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

count 10 of them... plus double digit rebs and pts :eek:

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

Oh snap...KT had the triple double? I thought Bibby had the triple double. :eek:

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I've never understood why people here didn't/don't like him. I think he could have helped this team this year even if we hadn't had the injury problems that we have.

6. yo

yo Member

When Eddie Griffin first came, KT became this bitter little boy who was obviously not happy that someone was eventually going to bump him. It showed on the court as his neglect of passing him the ball was pretty dang clear. That's a pretty loserish attitude - a situation like that should encourage you to play harder and keep your spot. He was also a black hole offensively and let out that same annoying scream everything he took it to the hole, fouled or not. I wasn't sad to see him go.

7. jlwee

jlwee Member

Oh no, this gonna bring out Tinman for his comparison between KT and Shareef!!1 :D

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Member

the dude plays flat out hard

a triple double is certainly a great effort for any player let alone one labelled a black hole by many around here......

his toughness and rebounding would have been a great combination with Yao

it is a pity mo was harder to trade and eggie was labelled as having potential

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Remember when the dog bit him in the face? Good times... High point of his career.

10. TBar

TBar Member

I admire Kenny Thomas. I respect Kenny Thomas. He came to camp in top shape every year he was here. Many may not be impressed, but this is a mark of a professional in my opinion. Two big men I liked - Kenny and Othella Harington were consistent and came to camp in top condidtion. We let go of both of them....

Kenny had to work to keep weight off in the off season. - He did it.

He brought it every night. Though not as tall at 6'7", he was so strong he could compete down low. This would be one bad dude in a fight. After he retired, Charles Barkley -who everyone loves-stated that Kenny was our most effective big man. I agreed at the time....

Kenny gets props form me and I hope his career continues to be successful.

Much as I like Kennny's game -did he really get a 5 year - 10 mil per year deal from Philadelphia when he signed his new contract ( after the rookie contract was over? That was more than the Rockets could afford anyway.

Good luck Kenny - you have good Karma from the Rockets nation.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I notice in the credits. . .the K-9 Moniker seems to have stuck with him
    Some Sac Fans were holding a Sign for ole K-9

Rocket River

12. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, I wish he was still a Rocket. He was the best of the PF group we had.

Wow, we actually had too many PFs and not enough guards back then. What a reversal of fortunes!

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Kenny was a black hole, but other than that he did a lot of things well. If Kenny would have came out of college after his freshman year he would have been drafted high. Rudy handed out some dumb contracts, but he had a good eye for talent. Kenny is an example. He is explosive around the rim, can rebound, and block shots. If he ever developed a consistent jumper, he will be a very good scorer.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

Trading him cost the Rockets the playoffs that year. He was always better than Griffin.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I always liked Kenny Thomas and felt he never got the love he should have received from Rocket fans. I hope he continues to have a good career and he is one of the very few ex-Rockets that I would love to see stick it to us.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I feel the same way
    IT took about 10~20 games for the team to Gell with Posey
    and those losses were crucial in the chase for the playoffs
    We were rolling then too

Rocket River

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

KT never gets the love he deserves. He's not great, but he's solid. He's starter material, but he's never given his credit. I think the fact that he's too short to fit people's PF body-type prejudices is the reason why. He may be short, but he's the best power forward the Rockets have had since Barkley. Better than Mo Taylor, Eddie Griffin, Juwan Howard, and Stromile Swift. It was a shame we had to trade him. I'm glad he's still doing well; even after he earned his big contract, he hasn't slacked.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

i remember he talked bad about francis / mobley in an interview then he got traded

i think he was complaining that they were hoggin the ball

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

ironic.

I could see that though, he was used to being a focal point in college and they were all young so I guess he felt he shouldn't have to defer to them.

20. Mack

Mack Member

I just realized this. He's on the same team as Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Didn't they get into a fight when Kenny was with the Rockets?