1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Thomas > SAR

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Dec 31, 2005.

1. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Mike Bibby scored 40 points, Kenny Thomas had six points in overtime to cap his first career triple-double , and the Kings overcame Bryant's 51-point performance for a 118-109 victory Thursday night.

Now I know how it feels when that old dude told those idiots that the world was round and he kept getting crap for it.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Olympic gold medal champion Shareef Abdur-Rahim makes heroic return to Kings...

Abdur-Rahim returns to Kings with jaw wired shut

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim was back in uniform for the Sacramento Kings on Thursday night, making an improbably quick return to action with his broken jaw still wired shut.

"What am I waiting for?" Abdur-Rahim asked through clenched teeth before the game. "I feel good, and I've just got to see what I feel like in a game. There's no way to know in practice until I get out there and get going. I want to help the guys."

But Abdur-Rahim's courageous return clearly energized his teammates, who appreciated the veteran's willingness to play through pain and the breathing discomfort caused by his wired jaw.

"He's got a big heart," Kings guard Kevin Martin said. "(Abdur-Rahim) just wants to play. It's a tough injury, but we're glad to see him out there."

Abdur-Rahim has lost about 8 pounds on his liquid diet since his injury, and the wires won't come out for three more weeks. But running on a treadmill and in practice convinced him that he'll be strong enough to compete -- and that he'll be able to breathe.

"I can get out there and run and shoot, so I'm not worried about it," Abdur-Rahim said. "If I can breathe, I'll be fine."

link

[​IMG]

Children love SAR

3. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

yeah but who got the triple double?
    [​IMG]

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Olympic gold medalist Shareef Abdur-Rahim is not interested in personal numbers ~ only the good of the team.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Shareef is a fine young player who can add energy to the team and also help us at the small forward and power forward," said USA head mentor Rudy Tomjanovich.

5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

looks like he plays for 'SA' instead of USA. he also looks confused on the court with that 'hey we're really winning?' look.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Please list world or olympic championship teams the great Kenny Thomas has been a part of Tinman.

I shall provide you with an advanced and heartfelt thank-you while I wait.

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kenny_thomas/bio.html
    [​IMG]
    PERSONAL

* Full name is Kenneth Cornelius Thomas
    * He is the only son of Calvin and Patricia Thomas
    * Has one son, Matthew Kenneth
    * Played on the U.S. team that won the gold medal at the 1997 World University Games in Trapani, Italy
    * Enjoys watching professional wrestling
    * Plays Sony Playstation for recreation
    * Listens to rap and R & B music

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Very good Tinman - the great Kenny T does indeed have a world university championship.

Not quite the weight of the Olympics, but certainly not an achievement to be completely scoffed at ~ in fact the university gold is almost as good as SAR's first (or was that his 2nd) World Championship gold.

[​IMG]

The USA has not won Olympic Gold since Shareef Abdur-Rahim left the team.

9. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Too bad SAR wont make the playoffs again, its kind of hard to tank a team that always makes the playoffs. Even with KT on that team. Shareef=Iceberg
    Kings=Titantic
    KT=Leonardo di Caprio (the hero)