1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Thomas - Looking Good

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Mar 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

With A.I. Out Kenny is looking like THE MAN
    for Philly

His numbers compared to Mo T's
    are better all around.

Rocket River
    Collier and Kenny - gone
    Mo T and Cato - big contracts. . . . hhhmmm *grin*

2. Sane

Sane Member

Why do you keep bringing this up?

It's been proven to you time and time again that it was the right thing to do to trade KT.

What was your suggestion for the Rockets considering Griffin was considered a cornerstone and MoT was unmoveable?

3. lalala902102001

KT is great but he's a bit too small for the West. And we thought that we had our future PF in someone named Eddie. Oh well. :rolleyes:

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I'll mark this on my calendar, I guess:

March 23rd - Official "whine about former Rockets playing well for other teams" day...

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

You put Mo on that Philly team in place of KT, and he'll put up better scoring numbers, although worse rebounding numbers. Mo and KT are similar players. They can both create their own shots, but can't make their teammates better. If either one gets enough touches, they can put up big numbers. But no team is going to win by making them into top options. You just don't get the complete package that superstars do.

6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Mo Taylor's ability to hit the outside shot makes him a far, far superior match for Yao's game than Kenny. PERIOD.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Yeah, what's the deal with all the..

What to do in the offseason.
    "Insert Former Player Here" is playing great now.
    Who should we pick in the draft?

threads when we are in the stretch drive of our first playoff run in 5 years???????

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

While his rebounding numbers dwarf Taylor's, per 48 minutes (13.9-9.0), Taylor scores more points (19.7-17.2). It helps when Thomas is getting 8 minutes a game more. Everything else is pretty comparable.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I still think KT is undersized to play in the west night-in and night-out.

If Mo was in the east, he might be able to average around 20 ppg... problem is, in the west you have to play defense against the best big men... and that's why Mo can only play in spurts.

Plus, I like Mo's personality and chemistry better... he seems to gel more with Yao, and the boyz. KT always seemed distant... like had no friends, and didn't want any.

KT was a good player, and I doubt we would have been able to afford his new contract anyways. So why are we still whining?

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm a Kenny Thomas fan
    AND
    I can . . .
    I think the man should get some props
    for the great job he is doing

BTW not whine .. . just pointing out
    how stongly he is coming on

IN FACT
    people b*tch about how badly CD and RUDY Drafted
    this
    is yet another instance IMO where they knew best

as for whining. . . . . well you SF bashing folx
    while we in the middle of a playoff run . . .

Rocket River

11. Sane

Sane Member

My bad.

Just like everyone else in this thread, I assumed you were going to begin your monthly criticism of the Kenny Thomas trade.

But if you're here to say that Kenny Thomas is doing a good job this season, and a great job while Iverson is out, then I agree.

12. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Most recently, Kenny was:

27 & 13 against Dallas
    20 & 12 at Memphis
    15 & 13 against the Kings
    11 & 12 against the T-wolves
    20 & 11 at Indiana
    22 & 12 at the Lakers

Hope you don't mind, I threw in one half way decent team from the East. In these games, KT is averaging 19.17 and 12.17. If I were to throw in the New York game (NY is 7 & 3 over the last 10), his numbers would be 20 and almost 13. These are only some of the premier teams in the West along with an East team who shares the best record in the entire league (and also has a pretty decent PF).

Sorry for the poor memory, but what exactly again has been proven time and time again?

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

After 5 years in the lottery, this time of year, talking about the draft and free agents is all we know anymore. ;)

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Strange thing is. . . it seems that KT has taken a leadership
    role on the team

I HONESTLY did not see that coming

Rocket River

15. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

great stats Pole........

completely agree, remind me again when it was proven trading him was the right thing to do

for me the rockets completely cocked things up

if we unprotect MoT in the expansion draft and the bobcats take him, then we will have lost all 3 of our PFs for nothing.... surely that will be the right thing to do :rolleyes:

Great Stuff Kenny... damn gotta love players that keep improving.... the leadership stuff is great RR, as is passing out of double-teams (some good quotes from Kenny after the last game)

damn he played all 48 minutes against Dallas

btw don't buy the whole he is undersized thing.... undersized for what he was always a better defender than Eddie and MoT combined and a better contributor at both ends, rather than only being able to play one end at a time..... and now what Spoon is playing great.... and he is undersized.......forget about size... performance is always better!

16. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

lol. Don't forget: "What are the uniforms going to look like next year? Will the numbers be larger?"

17. feishen

feishen Member

The guy was the BLACK hole, and he made MoT look like Bird out there. We need more players like Spoon not KT. Wish him the best though.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

did we ever image a team having to double team KT

I remeber when he came out
    folx locked him as a poor man's Brand

which ain't bad company

Rocket River

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

What you fail to mention is that the Rockets have a MUCH BETTER alternative at the post, compared to Philly. KT, for as long as I remember, is nothing outside the post. Which, incidently, is where Yao sets up. And there's no way you can convince anyone that we'd be better off with KT dominating the post instead of Yao.

This is where Mo is vastly superior to KT. Mo can stroke that 20ft jumpshot, which means he can produce even when he's not in the low block. Hence, he's a much better fit playing along side Yao.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't know about that
    but KT's jumper was coming along nicely

ANYWHO

He is having a good run
    and
    I for one am Glad to see someone the ROCKETS picked
    do well . . . shows we still have an eye for talent

Rocket River