1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Smith walks off TNT to support players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 26, 2020.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The man’s past should factor in determining what kind of person you are dealing with.

We try to grow as humanitarians but people want to keep talking race. It’s not a racial issue. This happens to all races what happened to Mr.Blake. When you resist, have a knife on you, and walk to your car to potentially grab something, you are increasing your chances of getting shot.

2. tmacfor35

Stop what? Showing facts.

Here you go. Three officers trying to subdue someone with a knife. This happens when you hesitate.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, this is my issues with a lot of the movement. It’s partial truths and pandering to a specific demographic.

Police have a hard job, but I believe reform and better training is a good cause. Law reform is needed for a lot of antiquated laws. Also, better family unit and not thinking you are above the law is needed as well.

4. Theking

Theking Member

Should have capped his ass right away.

Duke Fan likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Would you say the same for the cops in this case?

Unlikely. SJW culture is all about playing judge and jury off of a 20 second internet video. Hard to use that line without being hypocritical.

Cops were MORE in the wrong in this case, by far. Dude was also in the wrong.

13 in 33 likes this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

While I selfishly want the league to play, I stand firmly with their decision to boycott.

Enough is enough. All this ish needs to end and it won’t unless we all draw a line in the sand and don’t budge.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  7. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

That’s exactly what the officer tried to do, he resisted

pantherheat1022 and Duke Fan like this.
  8. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

The topic is way too sensitive to be discussing in a few lines.
    And this is the problem with society in general today: people want to improve the World by writing beautiful statements, but only limited to 280 characters to fit it in a tweet.
    This is where stupidity erupts to conflict nowadays. People are getting dumber because they don´t want to have the difficult discussions.

Not playing NBA games is different than just tweeting. Good? Bad? Time will tell, but at least is something different.

My problem here is that this "something different" was skipping work.
    I try making the World a better place by GOING to work, not the other way around.
    Well, I am skeptical with any political/social stance from celebrities, so...

But again, time will tell. So if this somehow turn out to be an evolution for society in general, I will love it.

D-rock and tinman like this.
  9. Rocketsfan3422

Wait he sexually assaulted a minor???? And we defending him?

waytookrzy079 and Duke Fan like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've been searching to see if he really had a knife and all I could find was a blurry zoom on the phone cam. Is it filed as evidence in the report?

It's weird the police aren't blasting that as loud as possible, so I'm trying to see if it's more fact than internet rumor

D-rock likes this.
  11. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Exactly.. dumbass should have not resisted and had his day in court. He could have sued all them if they were in the wrong. Nope he was a dumbass and fought back and resisted. Stupid games and stupid prizes.

I'd fully expect to be shot in that situation if I acted the way he did. Regardless of who was in the right.

12. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Show me the facts that back up this claim?

White people are shot more per year by cops then blacks. Despite blacks committing over half the violent crimes with only 6ish%(Black males) of the population.

Also, did you ever hear about Tony Timpa before the George Flyod thing? i didn't. And that one was even worse. He called the cops himself and ended up dying in a similar fashion. Possible OD with a cop kneeling on him, only difference is it's a white guy so it doesn't fit the narrative.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is obvious example of poorly trained public safety officers.

But shooting an armed man running straight toward you vs. one with back toward you are 2 different situations.

topfive likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I predict Kenny comes back the next broadcast

15. s3ts

s3ts Member

Again, what the cops did was NOT worth it, it doesn't matter if the actions look justifiable in the moment. The consequences of being caught on camera doing what you're doing, even if you're right, is not worth all of this when the political climate is as it is today.

Run the **** away, cop, and save your life.

Again, at least one of them will get an attempted murder charge. That was not worth it.

16. tmacfor35

There’s a better chance Blake will get more time than he already had coming to him for raping a 14 year old. The guy has also caught charges for beating his wife and kids.

Good role model for the left.

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

The left will NOT care about anything but the fact that it's a white cop shooting a black man. You know what the right will NOT care about? The riots that got 2 people killed, left all kinds of businesses burning.

And no, the damn state is a very left-wing state. Of course they're going to charge the cop for shooting Jacob Blake. Yeah, it's almost like using terrorism to influence the justice system, but that's what WILL happen.

Again, this is NOT worth the trouble. Risk getting fired and stay away.

18. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

So you are saying the police should not protect and serve when called upon. Gotcha.

Please elaborate on what you are saying pertaining to why these cops were there in the first place. Basically you are implying that cops should just refuse helping black communities since "its not worth it".

Duke Fan likes this.
  19. tmacfor35

Let me guess. You believe service workers should replace police?

20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]
    I think Kenny was still upset about this :D

D-rock, JumpMan and KingCheetah like this.