1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried's alleyoop dunk over Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2013.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That might be true about the help but you don't show up a teammate like that. Dwight does that nonsense all the time. Someone scores on him and he's pointing at a teammate. He just looks like a little b**** when he des that.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ok, I wasn't arguing that.

I am not delving into the Kobe-Dwight drama. Dwight is a b**** and Kobe's an ass.

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Thanks Maury!

In other news, D12 is definitely not 100%, but you gotta give him credit for sucking it up and playing through the pain and injuries.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That pass was gorgeous.

5. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

What's better is the Fakers lost :grin:

Utah lost on the same night btw.

6. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

LOLOLOL

That was piss poor defense by Dwight. I see your reasoning for involved Kobe, but Dwight was there the whole way. Kobe could have either come to help, or stay close to Ty Friggin Lawson. Kobe could determine whether Dwight could make that play or not. I would have assumed Dwight was there as well. He was clearly out-jumped. End of Discussion

7. SwellyExpress

SwellyExpress Member

that was sexually stimulating

8. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

^The guy in the pink shirt [ @ 7 second and 30 second mark] agrees.
    Literally beat himself to it.

The kid was robbed at the slam dunk contest. He was too humble for his own good.

9. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Over Dwight!

[​IMG]

10. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Nananana Kobe's guarding the perimeter shot which was where the ball would've went given the inside-out play. It was Dwight that should have followed his man being aware.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

sorry, i wasn't implying this was great defense, just making a general statement that sometimes you get dunked on.

Except Kobe is more than one pass away. The principals of help defense indicate that Kobe should be helping in this situation. You're taught to stay tight on your man if he is "one pass away", to start to help otherwise. In fact, though it happens extremely quickly, when the ball goes to Iguodala, Kobe's man is effectively the least likely pass at that point. He should be helping more.

Dwight could have gotten back to his man quicker, too, but in any scenario where he has to help on the initial pick and roll, there is a split second where Faried will be open rolling to the basket.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Whether a team mate misses a rotation or not you can count on Dwight to turn and start barking at someone else every time he is made to look bad.

The guy is such a whiner. How can any team expect leadership from him?

13. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Thats why nash snapped on him that last time. Theres video of it on youtube. He acts like a little kid. With all his talent and genetic blessings he acts like such a diva. I hope we dont get him, because no matter how good he is, if things arent going his way he'll cry about it.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Agreed. I've got zero interest in this guy now - what a difference a single year makes.

Jordan sniped at Barkley, telling people Charles was never going to get a ring because he wasn't willing to do what it takes. More and more, I see the same thing written all over Dwight. It needs to come easy for him, or he throws up his hands and blames anything and everything around him.

I'll stick with Asik for now and keep looking for someone actually worth a third of the cap.