1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hoopster325, Dec 9, 2016.

1. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

He's been totally frozen in Denver in their rotation. Benched last game, minutes limited previous two games.

Its been proven with Tristan Thompson that a dominant guy on the offensive glass can cause problems for the Warriors. Some contender is going to get him for cents on the dollar and he's going to come up huge in the playoffs.

Of active players in a rotation so far this year, he's 2nd in per 36 min offensive rebounds at 5.5 just behind Dwight.

ramotadab likes this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he is exclusively a small ball center, similar to Trez.

I hope he finds a niche, always loved his effort.

dharocks likes this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Faried is a useful role player. He is a high energy guy, but he he gets lost a lot on defense, and has a limited offensive skill set. He appeared to be a little overpaid prior to this new CBA, but now his salary doesn't look so bad. Maybe on a better team his defensive awareness improves, but at this point in career I wouldn't count on that happening

On a contender, he should probably have a limited role, similar to what Brewer was for us 2 years ago. A high volatility player that can come in a and disrupt things. The more he is on the court, the more the cracks in his game start to show.

4. hakeemthagreat

He's a more talented, athletic version of Trez. Would love Faried here

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Tristan Thompson is 10x the defensive player that Faried is.

Vivi likes this.
  6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I tend to agree with this. I don't think his skill set on offense translates to the forward spot in today's NBA, where SF and PF are becoming increasingly interchangeable. And he's too short to really play center against conventional lineups.

As a situational energy guy/rebounder he has value, but even with the new cap you can't be spending $12MM/yr on a guy who's a negative on D and whose offense is basically limited to put-backs, running the floor for dunks, and dropping in the occasional hook shot. Especially when that guy is perpetually upset over not having a bigger role in the offense.