1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried out for "personal reasons"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, May 8, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You mean, the same series he wanted all year (rewind to post-Utah series presser).

That being said, D'Antoni never needs much of an excuse to shorten the rotation (Faried). He'd go with a Hoosiers-type 4-man rotation if he could. Well, almost.

dcfma likes this.
  2. macan

macan Member

farweed gonna sign with another western team next season and he's gonna kill us when we face them..book it

edwardc and mastan like this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

never thought of this, good call

dcfma likes this.
  4. mastan

mastan Member

If unplayable Nene is playable this year then by simple logic Nene was playable last year also ......

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and going by that logic faried is playable now too

missing defensive rotations...lollolololol , so what?!
    there are so many worse mistakes that a basketball player can do

mastan likes this.
  6. mastan

mastan Member

Nene was +4 in Rocket's awful 1st half last night... how come he didn't even play a sec in 2nd half?

Little Bit likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

And if that "personal reason" really is that he's not getting playing time, then you can add that he quit on the team during the playoffs.

Remlap and xaos like this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Heard this on the radio today so it's possible.

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

MDA gonna MDA

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is the reason he hasn't played this series except for one game isn't that the coaches are stupid. I think it's more likely that whatever personal reasons are keeping him out now are the ones that prevented him from getting minutes before.

smp and hakeem94 like this.
  11. mastan

mastan Member

Faried is professional ... I am sure it is not for Ramadan... all muslim NBA players play through Ramadan....in other words nobody skips a game for Ramadan let alone a very important playoffs game... we don't even know if he fasts or not.

12. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

Defense is all hustle and effort which is what Faried brings to the table IMO. Looney killed us on some game changing offensive boards yesterday. Capela is playing scared. Dantoni needs to make adjustments. If we lose people are going to say why Faried didn't get minutes?

13. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

He did. I remember him passing up some wide open looks the last time he played (thought originally it was Utah, but I see he did play a few minutes against GS in G1). Don't know if that put him in the doghouse or not.

Sucks he's not around. I hope he gets his issues straightened out, I would love to see him back and getting playing time next year.

#33 FrontRunner, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Or it could be that he has a legit personal crisis going on that is significant enough that he'd miss playoff games for it.

Rashmon likes this.
  15. solid

solid Contributing Member

My guess is that he is really miffed about no playing time. I am too. I think he could have made a positive difference in the series.

edwardc, smp and mastan like this.
  16. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

17. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

capela is useless vs the warriors, can't even rebounds it's like he's playing while scared, i would give Faried a burn at least we know this guy can rebound better and hustles more than Capela.

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

None of that matters when you’re as bad on defense as Faried is. If he plays a minute and it’s not garbage time it’s unconscionable

Mathloom likes this.
  19. SemisolidSnake

You just described Capela to an absolute T.

We've had 142 minutes to observe Capela on the floor this series. That's a lot of time to smooth out any hyperbole. Faried's been out there for 5 minutes this series. (And, yes, I know they weren't pretty minutes, but it's still a small sample size from which to draw solid conclusions.)

smp likes this.