1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Proof means nothing to the left. It seems pretty clear at this point. Mob rule!

cml750, John Oliver and Granville like this.
  2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As already discussed, it isn't felony rape under Maryland law but Attempted Sexual Offense, and the statue of limitations in Maryland expired 20 years ago.

It makes a much better narrative for you guys, I guess, if she's just too scared to attempt to prosecute because she knows she's lying, or racked by guilt, or afraid the secret pedophile ring she is running out of a pizza parlor in DC will come to light, or whatever else.

Vague innuendo and hanging, ominous unanswered questions seem to be becoming a pretty common modus operandi for accusing someone of something without actually accusing them.

3. Granville

Granville Member

It never crossed their minds that if she is lying (she is) how grossly unfair is that to Kavanaugh and his family. She's a hero to half the country for her part in trying to discredit Kavanaugh.

cml750 and John Oliver like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Her accusation was attempted rape, which has no statute of limitations....but it doesn't matter because nothing actually happened.

cml750 and Granville like this.
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Oh it’s crossed their minds they just don’t care, the price of politics. Innocence be damned.

cml750 and Granville like this.
  6. Granville

Granville Member

I thought I read something in this thread where that was disputed. I stand corrected on that if I'm wrong. It doesn't really change the point, if he was a predator she should have come forward when he could have faced charges. This I don't fly except for when I'm flying and I'm afraid to come forward except for when he's up for a big gig is weak sauce.

cml750 likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Weak sauce only according to your previously decided upon mindset.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There was literally a poll that said over half of conservatives didn't care if Kavanaugh was guilty of the crime or not lol

AleksandarN likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well according to pretty much anyone who isn't willing to do ridiculous levels of mental gymnastics to hold on to their positive view of Dr. Ford.

cml750 likes this.
  10. mick fry

mick fry Member

Let me guess, CNN? Did they also poll how many liberals didn’t care if Kavanaugh was innocent?

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You might check the mirror on the mental gymnastics.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, you say that, but you are so divorced from reality your words provide nothing but comedy. You want to believe baseless accusations brought by someone who perjured herself and you'll go to any lengths to hold on to that belief because tribalism.

cml750 likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Please let me know when the perjury charges are filed and she is convicted. Otherwise, she hasn't perjured herself.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Brilliant argument, so let me know when attempted rape charges are brought against Kavanaugh and he is convicted, otherwise Dr. Ford is a liar and the incident never happened. It kind of sucks when other people use your "logic" doesn't it?

cml750, Dark Rhino, jcf and 1 other person like this.
  16. mick fry

mick fry Member

But, but...

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

My statements regarding Kavanaugh and his guilt have been consistent.

I know that you are trying to change the subject since you have nothing to back your pointless perjury claim. You are just one of those dogpiling on the victim.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My "claim" that Dr. Ford perjured herself has to do with her saying things that could not possibly be true, that are provably untrue. If you say that the reason you did something in 2012 was an ongoing situation that was completely finished in 2008, you are lying and it's not only obvious, but it's provable......you know, proof, that thing that is completely lacking when it comes to the baseless allegations against Brett Kavanaugh?

I really wasn't trying to change the subject though, I was just calling you out on saying something really stupid. The existence or non existence of charges has no bearing on if Dr. Ford perjured herself.....the only thing that matters is the proof of it happening. I can understand why you are uncomfortable with things like "proof" and "evidence" because you've been busy downplaying their importance when it comes to determining guilt.....but they really are important.

Also, you call Dr. Ford the victim.....but there's literally no evidence that she's a victim, honestly she's just part of a lynch mob. The victims in this are Kavanaugh and his family.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So you haven't given any evidence of perjury. I asked to give you a chance.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dr. Ford claimed under oath that the reason she was in therapy was due to a dispute about ongoing home remodeling specifically talking about changes to doors.....saying that she needed extra entrances and exits due to her "trauma" caused by the alleged Kavanaugh attack. The problem with that is that the therapy started in 2012 as per her story but when people pulled the building permits on her home which is public record, they found that those renovations took place in 2008....meaning that she perjured herself, there's literally no way that her statement could have been accurate....

You see, this is what it looks like when there is evidence supporting an allegation.

cml750, jcf and John Oliver like this.