1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Did you know that Adele frequently sing in public despite her fear of singing to an audience? Same for Rhiann and B.Streisand, among many others.

Weird huh? Not really. People are able to both have fear and do things that are they are fearful of on a regular basis.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I just don't understand this narrative the media and the Right are trying to perpetrate that the "ASSAULT ON KAVANAUGH" somehow backfired on the Democrats.

I'm sorry... what the F where people who believed Dr. Ford along with believing Kavanaugh was a Sh&tty pick for SCOTUS supposed to do???... say "oh well... I don't want to rile up the conservative base who thinks the MeToo movement is a conspiracy theory driven by George Soros so I'm just going to support Kavanaugh instead"????

Were we also supposed to throw Hillary in jail over Benghazi as well because you nutcases went crazy over that?

That makes no GDamn sense. I'm sorry but I'm not afraid to speak my mind about a SCOTUS pick, nor should any Democrats, just because you idiots are all F-ed up nutjobs who believe that if you fart in the bed, it is George Soro's fault. I owe you guys ZERO responsibility for your own insistence on believing flat earth conspiracy theories.

Trumplican voters are going to riled up about whatever BS conspiracy theory they want to get riled up about. They got riled up about Hillary's emails, and Benghazi. I can't help that you people are jacked up in the head.

#4583 dobro1229, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    joshuaao, B-Bob, Anticope and 3 others like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You were supposed to use your brain and when there was no corroboration of her story, you should have stopped believing it. I can completely understand you not supporting Kavanaugh for ideological reasons, but pretending like Dr. Ford's story was legitimate simply because you were against Kavanaugh for ideological reasons is disgusting....and that's what is backfiring on Democrats in the midterms.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To expand upon what I just said, for quite a while now it seemed like a forgone conclusion that the Democrats would take back the house and challenge to take back the Senate.....after the Kavanaugh nonsense, There's almost no chance the Democrats take back the Senate and for the first time it's starting to look like the Republicans could actually hold on to the House as their numbers have been surging since the Kavanaugh/Ford testimony.

Dark Rhino, cml750 and MojoMan like this.
  6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I was just looking for some good information about where things stand with the contest for control of the House of Representatives. Everyone is peddling hope and spin right now. Within two weeks, the mass media will have to dial it back down towards reality, at least a bit.

But the truth is, at the end of the day, it will all come down to turnout. Nobody really knows how much turnout their will be for either side, the Democrats or the Republicans. It appears to me that everyone is just guessing.

jcf likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not perfect, but the best resource is RealClearPolitics

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/house/2018_elections_house_map.html

If you check out their page, it shows October 3rd is when the surge in support for Republicans in the House began, just after the Kavanaugh/Ford testimony.

El_Conquistador likes this.
  8. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Now *this* is funny! :)

9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Edited to add: "Be Well"

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Nook likes this.
  11. Granville

Granville Member

@FranchiseBlade I was going to type a response to your last post but TJ summoned it up perfectly.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Enjoy your booby prize! Meanwhile my boy Special K will be deciding cases until 2050!

GOOD DAY

13. Granville

Granville Member

Can they spend a few of those bucks to come up with a better term for their citizens than Mainers?

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Pretty much this. This hot take the media has that all the sudden this magic pendulum has swung back the other direction is garbage. Name me one liberal or independent that said:

"You know what.... those Democrats were just too mean to Kavanaugh, and I believed Dr. Ford, but I don't know because Trump sure does make a ton of sense with this George Soros thing. I bet they do all get paid to ruin innocent white men's life".

The people that believe this garbage were never voting for a Democrat anyways, and as a liberal Democrat you should NEVER just assume those voters will something better to do on November 6th. It is all about turning out your voters, and its going to be a close call regardless if Democrats believed Dr. Ford and opposed Kavanaugh, or whether they cowered because Heaven forbid we turn off that one independent that believe garbage George Soros conspiracy theories told by Donald Trump, but might still vote for A DEMOCRAT if we just step aside and shut up about Kavanaugh.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was more about the Democrats being such pieces of **** that they managed to rally the Republican base. Normally the party in power loses seats in the midterms based on not being motivated and that's what we were seeing before the Democrats did what they did when it comes to Kavananugh......and then that gap in motivation completely disappeared so now it's possible that the Republicans keep both the house and senate. It's not about convincing Democrats to be good people, that's not something you can expect, it's about rallying the GOP base and convincing true independents to turn on Democrats based on their actions. Right now, those things are happening. If it continues, we'll see.

Dark Rhino, cml750 and MojoMan like this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If TJ summed up any idea of yours, I would rethink that idea.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If an ad hominem is the best argument you have, you don't have an argument.

cml750 and TheresTheDagger like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Isn't ad hominems like 80% of the content you post on the D&D?

I mean, I'm guilty of it also hence why it wouldn't be my go to criticism of a poster on the D&D because it would be rather lacking in self-awareness.

#4598 fchowd0311, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    JayGoogle and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're not really any a position to be handing out ad hominem advice here.

#4599 FranchiseBlade, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    JayGoogle likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I really am. Just better from now on.