1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Funny enough though, it's more solid than what the false allegations were based on.

Granville, cml750 and El_Conquistador like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The funny thing is that you being so wrong on this, hurts the point you are trying to make.

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Lots of questions about Charlottesville car incident here, questions the MSM isn't asking:

John Oliver likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In what way am I wrong? I merely pointed out how the accusations against Kavanaugh were entirely baseless, which is a well documented fact. I mean you could say I was wrong by saying that the basis for the talk about McLean was "more solid" than the false allegations, but it's a toss up IMO.

5. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

6. TheresTheDagger

Translation: I lost, nobody pays attention to me and I'm triggered. Therefore, in a last desperate attempt to get attention, I'm writing an article about leaving the Republican party.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Translation of your post: I project this narrative because he left my team.

NewRoxFan and B-Bob like this.
  8. Granville

Granville Member

As opposed to you buying in all three of the unsubstantiated bullshit stories thrown at Kavanaugh. LOFL

At the hearing Ford was asked where she was when she wrote the letter for a reason. One to prove she was yet again lying about flying. The other to put her in a position to explain why she who is terrified of flying would fly across the country to the nearest airport from Rehoboth Beach and then drive 2 hours to not see her friend. They would probably ask for hotel receipts and such. Rachel Miller didn't ask that question for no reason.

Rachel Miller didn't ask Ford about coaxing lie detector participants for no reason either. I guarantee you they were on to McLean early on.

Your laptop stinks from **** you type.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Honest question: did you read it? Do you care why a long-time member might leave your "team"?

Do you think your comments also describe Evan McMullin or the other conservatives with the nads to criticize 45 even one time?

It might describe a couple of those guys, but not everyone who speaks out allegedly for the good of country and party is doing is it for attention. Sometimes -- just statistically speaking -- they may well do it for the good of country and party. Cheers.

10. TheresTheDagger

I've watched this "Republican" from the time of the election. He can't find one good thing to say about Trump or Republicans..that sounds like someone who never was one in the first place. He's as much of a Republican as Obama.

cml750 likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is it okay to admit on the record that you voted for or support trump now?

For posterity.

12. TheresTheDagger

I have no problem revealing my voting record although I'm not sure what ****ing difference it makes.

I voted for Rubio in the primaries.
    I voted for Trump over Clinton in the general.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

From his wiki:
    "In 2012, he volunteered for Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, which indirectly led to him being recruited by Republicans on the House Committee on Foreign Affairs looking for an adviser with counter-terrorism experience. In 2013, McMullin was an International Advisory Board member for the Kennedy Center for International Studies at Brigham Young University.

In 2013, McMullin became a senior adviser on national security issues for the House Committee on Foreign Affairs for the 113th Congress. In 2015, McMullin became the chief policy director of the House Republican Conference under Chairwoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.)."

What an elaborate ruse to become a fake Republican and then become a shill for Democrats as a never Trumper.

Let's be honest here. It's quite reasonable for an educated Republican to feel depressed about his party when they elect a half wit with no individual merit as their Presidential candidate...

Key word is "educated" Republican.

The smart wealthy ones are either riding his fanbase to win elections or love the tax cuts where 81% of all benefits go to the top 1% of all wealth owners decreasing tax revenue but hey, the top 1% don't really need social security and Medicare. They are all holding their nose understanding how horribly dimwitted he is but a rubber stamper will suffice.

Since you are neither a politician trying to win an election at a Trump zombieland district or in the top 1% of wealth earners in the United States, well then that doesn't leave many options, does it?

joshuaao, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Talk about a "devil's triangle".

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That article is one of the biggest pieces of tripe I've ever read on these boards from either side, and there have been some real stinkers. I don't remember any of them being more worthless, fewer standards of journalism, and having nothing to back it up factually than the one you posted.

Fear of flying wasn't a lie. People who have a fear of flying, fly all the time.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You mean Nichols, right? He wrote the offending (?) article. McMullen tweeted it. See McM's credentials above. Legit lifelong conservative compared to any poster on this board.

Anyway, I think you have to expect this and either take a side or rejoin the two sides somehow. It is really old-school pragmatic rational conservatism (like these dudes, George Will, Powell, etc) versus the new populist alternative-fact arm innovated by Trump and several key media members.

I don't know where you're at, but it *sounds* like you're picking Trump's side and saying screw those guys to the more like Reagan era Republicans.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. Granville

Granville Member

Royce White says hello.

Bobbythegreat and cml750 like this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I see two truth in this and other statement.

He isn't today Republican. That's quite clear now.

Conservatives has beliefs, principle and moral standards they aren't willing to abandon.

Just because a conservative abandon today Republican party doesn't make them any less a conservative as before. Since it's clear how much the Trump Republican has moved (you know, abandon any sense of moral and basic decency to start with), the pretty obvious answer is that the Republican brand no longer fit many conservative's standard.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Royce White says that doesn't in any way change the fact that people with a fear of flying still find ways to fly all the time. The fear of flying is real. The fact that they can find ways to deal with flying is also real.

None of that changes the fact that you actually posted an "article" that claimed a woman was a Democratic radical activist. The reasons they listed for that was because she didn't get married and drinks wine.

If you don't want your ideas to be taken seriously, then by all means post crap like that. I thought you were someone who actually wanted to engage in an exchange of actual ideas.

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Scared to fly, yet she travels by plane all over the world! What a joke -- the libs will say anything! Blasey Ford also lied about never coaching a person taking a polygraph test as well as why she installed her 2nd front door (it was for renters, not to deal with her high school fake sex assault trauma). The biggest lie of them all was her entire persona during the testimony. The baby voice, the hair in the eyes, and damsel-in-distress look to her. Who in their right mind can believe that a little touchy-feely in high school (with clothes on) could have led to this? I personally don't believe the event in question ever occurred, and the evidence supports my belief (no witnesses, evidence, or corroboration).

It's shocking to me that the media went along with this pathetic charade. It shows you just how desperate they are to control people. Scary, actually, that they'll do and say anything to try to get their way. I'll side with individual liberty and freedom every day of the week.

GOOD DAY

Granville likes this.