1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not really. As it was 35 years ago. She (Ms. Keyser) wasn't raped, if she had been I am sure her recollection would be different. And being Dr. Ford's friend doesn't mean she would have been told of the rape (I doubt many rape victims talk to their friends about what happened).

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Nah he’ll be fine, I don’t see him having to face another unhinged mob going after him and his family for a while as SCJ.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah I agree in the context of things there are so many things I’ve forgotten from back in high school it’s crazy. I’ve even tried to remember stuff as a thought experiment and it’s kind of an impossible task even with some of the more dramatic/memorable/traumatic things from high school. It isn’t strange that she wouldn’t remember someone from another school. That’s why I was curious about how well all these people truly knew each other.

Yes I agree there are many things that are strange to me with this whole entire deal from all sides. The puzzle pieces don’t fit to me and the mystery annoys me. A full in depth investigation will never happen though so whatever.

I agree this has been terrible and I can’t see it truly getting better unless the 60 vote majority is restored for justices, but we know that won’t happen. I’m curious how bad it’s going to be for the next Supreme Court seat.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Keep moving those goalposts...

While it's pathetic what the left did to Kavanaugh on a personal level, it was a really nice gift to Republicans in the midterms. Thanks!

When he was picked I worried he might be too moderate. Well, after the crap y'all pulled and what he was put through, I don't think he will feel any obligation to try to moderate his views or judgements once seated. So, thanks again!

Democrats lose all the way around.

cml750 and mick fry like this.
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Don’t expect to hear any condemnation from the left.

7. TheresTheDagger

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

Did these poll companies make ANY changes in how they conduct polls since the 2016 election?

I have absolutely 0 trusts in any polls regardless of which way they lean.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would all be very pertinent if anyone was condemning Kavanaugh for drinking, or taking illegal substances. What people are griping about is that Kavanaugh lied under oath. Those are the things he lied about.

If only Kavanaugh had taken Obama's example and been forthcoming, then he wouldn't have shown to the unqualified jerk that he is.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

the point is to show a trend so what method they are using really doesn't matter as long as its consistent.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yep, always more honest than y'all gave him credit for, especially compared to the current thugs.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. tallanvor

what lie?

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/kavanaugh-hearings-perjury-claims-never-credible/

either way, this is obvious a false statement by you. Newspapers printing stories about him throwing ice cubes has nothing to do with claiming he lied under oath.

cml750 likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Are you still trying to claim that Kavanaugh admitted he passed out multiple times during his testimony? Obviously, you haven't learned the subtle distinction between being dishonest, lying, and perjury yet. It has been pointed out to you many times, but you keep trying to post articles about perjury. It may be that he did or didn't technically rise to the level of perjury, but he definitely lied and was dishonest.

His lies under oath have been well documented. If you are unwilling or unable to read that documentation then I can't help you anymore at this point.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I believe it. Humans adapt to everything.
    "Don't let people normalize this!" my lefty friends say, but humans will normalize anything over time, including war, starvation and genicide, given exposure. It's called adapting.

So the old republican voters are coming back. "Imbalanced narcissistic amoral leader? Meh, we've had it for two years now, so... yeah. He says we're winning, right?"

15. tallanvor

so quote the lie

cml750 likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nice try Romo but you've failed to make a point again -- you're all over the place -- focus.

Nook likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The real reason trump wants kavanaugh...

18. TheresTheDagger

I somehow doubt women are "normalizing" here. They simply don't believe the allegations because the facts don't support them.

cml750 likes this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If a president can pardon himself why the heck do we even have checks and balances? Most of the Justices have to realize that makes no sense.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I've linked to them and quoted many of them. You are welcome to read them if you wish. I will be happy to discuss it with you if you would like. I'm sorry you missed them the first few times I posted and referenced them. But I'm not going to post them all over again because you missed it the first time.