1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Did he get stumbling drunk, belligerent and shove his junk in some poor girl's face or grope some poor girl?

Just curious.

2. No Worries

For those keeping tracking at home, 2-10% of the women who make sexual assault allegations to the police make false accusations.

Thus, there is a 90+% chance that Ford did not make false allegations.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

well we've already had at least three provably false harassment accusations thrown at Kavanaugh. According to your awesome analysis there was a less than 1% chance of that happening. WHAT ARE THE ODDS?!?!

its either that or you are ignoring obvious variables.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Signed,
    The Democrats that lynched Emmitt Till.

Women are always right, no need to prove guilt, right?

BruceAndre and Dark Rhino like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

While I agree we have to be careful applying the 2-10% argument to such a highly charged case, do you have a legit link for three "provably false" harassment accusations? I know the one person recanted or majorly modified her story of train running, but to be a little technical, she never claimed she was the victim of anything. She deserves to receive a lot of grief either way, and her fabrication hurts real victims of sexual assault.

What are the other two cases?

No Worries likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Did Judge Breyer deceive or lie about his drinking? Did Judge Breyer face accusations of sexually assaulting a woman while intoxicated? Did Judge Breyer lie under oath over 20 times to congress?

Stop being purposely obtuse.

ryan_98 and No Worries like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

The lady that the alleged ex-boyfriend claims was helped to take polygraphs 25+ years ago has now issues a statement that she has never received any help from Ford concerning polygraphs.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Why? For earning one B? For getting busted for underage drinking and then not ever lying about it, especially not under oath? For not assaulting anyone?

As Hakeem would say: fokass.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bart better hope Trump STFU.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Now we just need for Dr. Ford to release all of her therapists' notes to determine if her story about home renovations in 2012 was the truth or if it was perjury.

cml750 and Dark Rhino like this.
  11. cml750

cml750 Member

I am not sure how many times I have to tell you this(this is at least the third time), I voted for Trump and have never once denied it. I voted for who at the time I considered the lesser of two evils and have never regretted it. Since then he has been a great President and I will gladly vote for him in 2020. The reason others who did not vote for him defend him now is because he is doing a really good job.

12. Granville

Granville Member

Was this the boof door errr... back door argument that required her to go to a therapist?

13. tallanvor

https://turnto10.com/news/local/kavanaugh-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-woman-on-boat-in-ri-in-1985

and if person one is false, isnt person two who is making the same claim?

https://www.thecut.com/2018/10/new-avenatti-witness-says-she-saw-kavanaugh-spike-drinks.html

I would also argue the anonymous letter sent to gardner is fake, but cant prove it.

#3873 tallanvor, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

quote the lie

Granville likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, apparently it was so traumatic that the 2008 decision to change the door caused her to go to couple's therapy in 2012 well after all of the renovations were complete and she got her way.....at least according to what she said under oath, if she'd stop hiding the therapists' notes, we might know for sure. I wonder what she's hiding?

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

That's what this has come down to...basically the entire fiasco's theme. He said, she said...how do we know which is telling the truth? The boyfriend spurned by the accuser, or the long time friend who would do what she had to do to protect her? We need character witnesses for the character witnesses...where does it end?

17. Granville

Granville Member

With 4 years having passed, I'm surprised that she remembered where the door was located.

Bobbythegreat, cml750 and Space Ghost like this.
  18. No Worries

Waiting for the likely suspects to chime in that just because she can't remember it ...

19. Nook

Nook Member

Where should it end, or where does it end?

It likely ends this week with a vote.

As for the public perception of Kavanaugh? I don't know that it ever does.

Credibility of the parties involved is important, which makes the repeated deception and lies by Kavanaugh very odd because he has only eroded his own credibility.

20. tallanvor

its not he, she said. its he said, he said, he said, she said vs she said. Every witness has denied knowledge of the events.

Bobbythegreat and cml750 like this.