1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Kennedy) Stephen Jackson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Aug 12, 2013.

1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Stephen Jackson is currently training and hoping to join a contender. I've heard Houston mentioned as a possible landing spot.</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statuses/366793090054365184">August 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know it's Kennedy but I wanted to put it out there anyways. Captain Jack could be a bench spark plug if he's back in good shape.

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

nonono do not want

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I always liked him but how many sf are we gonna get now. We went from a bunch of undersized pf to just acquiring small forwards and putting them at the 4.

4. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Why? This team is in dire need of someone whose capable of playing angry basketball. Our team is currently made up of a bunch of softies. We need more goons on this team.

2 people like this.
  5. cdain3

cdain3 Member

^ This

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Let him play backup sg

Beverly
    Jackson
    Garcia
    ?
    Asik

#6 fallenphoenix, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Yeah look at the Spurs, Thunder and Pacers. Full of "Goons":rolleyes:
    Maybe Javaris Crittenton can beat the rap and he can be had on the cheap!

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

He can provide a little defense and offense in spot minutes. For the Min, I dont mind

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be willing to bet he would start acting like a petulant child when he didn't get the minutes he thought he deserved.

The 'risk' portion of the risk/reward equation makes him a bad bet, IMO, especially when there is so much competition for minutes at his spot.

Pass.

11. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Spurs have employed the goon strategy plenty of times before. Do you even remember Horry knocking Nash out of bounds? Yeah, it changed the whole series. Spurs won the ship that year, too. Did they not?

The only thing keeping the Thunder from winning is lack of an enforcer, if they get one they will be a complete team. Otherwise, yeah I agree they are soft. That's also why they haven't won anything yet.

The Pacers have enforcers with West, Hibbert, and Pyscho T. They're a physical team and not afraid to throw a guy on the ground. They pushed the Heat to the brink on toughness alone, there ain't much talent on that team. Just a solid team chemistry and hard working--blue collar MOFO's.

12. Voice of Aus

LOL really, lets just assume that you actually NEED these anger basketballers..

Does asik, beverly and to some degree harden and garcia not count... + curb stomper jones is no golden child

However i dont agree that you need bad boys to win.. can you please name who Miama's tough guys are.. and please dont say someone like Joel Anthony

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

What?? Horry played for the Spurs?!?! And he was a "goon"??!?!? No way!

14. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

What he did to Nash was "goonish" behavior. So, while Horry may not be your prototypical goon, he still channeled his inner Vernon Maxwell for that series and became a goon. The goon that the Spurs needed to win the series. And they won.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

(Kennedy) is about as deserved as part of a thread title as [CBL].

16. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

There's this guy named Udonis. He's been on the Heat for a while.

17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Chalmers is also one.

18. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Time will tell on Jones, though I'd like to see him take out more of his anger on opposing players rather than defenseless crackheads.

Harden isn't an enforcer. Opposing players talk **** to him all the time on the court and he just acts like he doesn't hear it. Which is the right thing to do for a player of his calibre. He shouldn't be the team enforcer.

When Asik talks, 96% of players probably don't know wtf he's saying. Again, not an enforcer.

Beverly has potential, though. Bring Steven Jackson in and we may win the backcourt thug awards this year. Which is good, because we need players like that to win ships.

19. cdain3

cdain3 Member

When you have Lebron it doesn't matter.

20. Voice of Aus

I stand corrected.. well played sir