1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kendall Gill anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CourtCourt, Aug 19, 2003.

1. CourtCourt

CourtCourt Member

I'd like to see him in a Rocket's uni. He'd make a great starting 3 who would be complimented greatly by the defense of Adrian Griffin when he would be taken out of the game.

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Kendall Gill is a 6'5" SG. We have enough of those (and SF's). Plus Cat plays 40+ minutes. Gill turned 35 in May. We need a backup big and backup PG. Let's say "No".

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't argue with your post at all, GATER, except for one thing. We (really meaning the coach of the Rockets... and I think JVG will) need to get out of the "40 minutes plus" mindset for Cat and Francis. They need to be playing 36 plus, imo. Finding someone to take some of Steve's minutes at the 1 is still a problem (well, Norris is the problem). Piatkowski and AGriff address reducing Cat's playing time.

4. The Game HHH

The Game HHH Member

NO! What is he gonna do for the team??? NOTHING!

5. teknokid

teknokid Member

for some reason.. kendal gill reminds me of jim jackson... vice versa

6. win14me

win14me Contributing Member

I think the radio just anounced the Bulls signed him.

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Everytime I post these sentiments, they go unnoticed. I am so hopeful JVG would rather SF and Mobley's bodies are around the 34 minute mark (as opposed to the 40 minute) mark in the final 2:00 of Q4. IMO, physical fatigue causes mental mistakes.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You're right ... fewer minutes need to be the order of the day ... let's hope Mooch has noticed -- the coaching change and becomes the Mooch who earned the new contract and can take some of those minutes. Pike can at the 2.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That was one of the biggest problems I had with Rudy. Some may say, "Who did he have to play behind them?", but I think that's bogus. And I'm a RT fan. You don't wear out and wear down your best players. They have to have something in the tank for the stretch run and the playoffs. Not to mention the fact that Cat was playing on two bad ankles. I never understood it.

10. jshabang

jshabang Member

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but thanks for askin:D

11. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull201.html

Bulls to sign Gill, unload Bagaric

August 20, 2003

Dalibor Bagaric's days with the Bulls are over as the addition of Kendall Gill, who is expected to be signed today, pushes the team's roster to 16, one player over the limit.

Former Bulls general manager Jerry Krause drafted Bagaric, 23, with the 24th pick of the first round in 2000, but the 7-1, 290-pound Bagaric never found his niche in the NBA. He played a total of 76 minutes last season as a three-year veteran.

Bagaric became so despondent with his lack of playing time last season, he asked Krause to trade him. Instead, Krause surprisingly guaranteed Bagaric's contract for next season for nearly $1.4 million. Bagaric is expected to clear waivers and play next season in Europe.

New Bulls operations chief John Paxson was considering Gill, a former Illini, as a free-agent alternative if Scottie Pippen didn't sign with the Bulls. Gill, 35, is a 13-year veteran with strong leadership and defensive skills.

12. bury3

bury3 Member

Holy Moley. I've been thinking the same thing for years. No idea why.

My best guess is because maybe they have basically the same size and good game, but have lost their value due to being journeymen for years.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Kendall Gill is the Predator.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

That would be nice. Steve Nash gets completely worn out by playing so many minutes. By the time the playoffs start the guy doesn't have anything left in the tank. 36-37 minutes for Cat and Francis would be perfect. However, I dont want to see Moochie on the floor for 10-12 min either.

Anyone know Van Gundy's substitution patterns? Spree has always been a high minutes type of guy. But did Van Gundy try to keep the starters minutes down when he was with the Knicks?