1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ken Mauer and Tony Brothers both will call Game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Harden has almost as many free throws as the Clippers. Obviously the Rockets got screwed by the referees.

2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

THEY LET THEM PLAY, LOL WOOHOO I HATE THEM LESS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

Yeah... I think the refs had our back tonight.

That offensive foul on Deandre was weeeeeeeeak and Clippers were right in the middle of their run in the 3rd quarter

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Having 3 lead refs seems to lead to not many missed calls

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and luckily mike callahan was there blowing the whistle for us tonight literally every time brothers choked on his

6. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

Also the phantom foul that Harden got when shot clock was running down when it was 102-94... Redick didn't foul him and instead he gets 2 FTs to put it back to double digits.

I'm not complaining, but let's acknowledge when we get preferential referee treatment! We sure as hell know when we don't :)

7. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

actually they were cheap shotting Dwight the previous few possessions probably to get him out of his game so i think they made that call as way to say to knock it off. Surprisingly well reffed game imo.

8. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

he pushed his elbow as he shot. Not really phantom but I get what you mean they don't always call that.

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He also got body shoved by Blake, which is called at times.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They called a foul on Blake when he was holding Dwight away from an offensive rebound. I was really proud of Dwight, he knew he was getting held and just tried to get away to run back on defense. He didn't even look at the ref to call the foul. When he did get the call he genuinely looked surprised.

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

good game from the refs. some calls both ways but fair down the middle.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

So clearly this game was fixed for the Rockets right? Perhaps the NBA is trying to do do a Clutch City remake the same way Hollywood is pumping out remakes?

You can't have it both ways. I hope you all enjoyed your boxes of cheap whine before and during the game.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I gotta say it was pretty evenly called, to my surprise. We were hit with some bad calls early on, and I'm glad our team responded by just playing through it. We got a few favorable calls in the second half, and it sort of evened out.

On topic of poor officiating, though, I hate how Dwight is officiated. Just because he's bigger and stronger does not mean opposing teams are allowed to jump on his back or throw him down. Dwight gets way more punishment than anyone in the league. If someone jumped on LeBron's back or threw him to the ground, it'd be an automatic flagrant 2 with ejection, but Dwight doesn't sell it. I think he should fall to the ground more instead of try to take the abuse. The league needs to officiate big men better.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

we shot 40% from 3 (12-30), they shot 25% (7-28), there's the game right there

15. AFS

AFS Member

Redick might have gotten a slight piece of his arm, but Blake definitely fouled on that play.

http://streamable.com/n11p

Blake's hand is on Harden's body. I figure justice was done since either way Harden got fouled.

16. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

one of the better officiated games of the playoffs. only bad calls I remember : Dwight's 2nd foul, DeAndre's 1st (?) foul , Capela wasn't out of bounds.