1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ken Hoffman (Chronicle feature writter) new park-prices-unis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pat, Apr 29, 2003.

1. spel32

spel32 Member

YEAH..... I ran into that same guy a couple of days ago!!!
    He told me Houston is going to get the new NFL expansion team and call them the Texans!!!

He also mentioned I should probably sell my Enron stock.

2. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Good pickup. That would be pretty cool, considering Coke is the ONLY corporation I am not angered to buy-and-advertise their shirts for. Hmmm, Maybe the words "Houston" or "Rockets" couldl be in the Coke cursive writing....with bubbles instead of jailstripes :rolleyes: .

That would be kinda neat though...kinda like how Disney created the Mighty Ducks from a movie.

Hey maybe for an alternative road OR home uni, there could be a yellow/dark yellow/"gold" main color. Okay, that's just my 15 cents.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Should I be worried?

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

So the possibilty exists that even though a comparable Compaq to Arena ticket may have gone up say 20%, the lack of major surcharges brings it down to a 15% or even only a 10% overall increase?

Now that would be cool.

5. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

where did this rumor of the BIG R actually start? And has Tim denied that rumor?

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Can we have an eve of the season PJ burning bon fire? Please??? And do not sign PJ Brown, I fear that karma. Chuckie is OK, PJ is scary.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The uniqueness of our uniforms scares me. Especially because our last ones were unique.

8. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Jeff, thanks for the info on Vertical Alliance. Like Smokey, I was very excited when I read the part about ditching Ticketmaster. The extra charges they tack on are complete BS and have made me mad for a long time!! They get away with it because they have a virtual monopoly on non-box office ticket sales. I've always felt they needed some serious competition to get them back down to Earth.

9. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Tim-

While you've heard questions from almost everyone about the new stuff...

...what about the old stuff?

What happens to the merchandise that nobody wants? Any super sales? (ie: 20 jerseys for a buck) by any chance?;)

10. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

The current uni's are trashy-looking.

This lady sounds like she'll do something a little classed up from the sound of her credentials.

Stuart

11. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

If Ken 'Fast Food' Hoffman had done his homework, he would know that according to the CDC, San Antonio is now the fattest city in Texas!

12. writhe

writhe Member

I disagree. Looking at this lady's resume I keep asking myself, "What does she know about team uniforms?" Quite frankly, the thought of a custome designer doing our new uniforms is pretty scary to me. I think this is a job better suited for someone in the industry. Why can't we get the person/company that did Nike's recent uniforms for the Raptors, Heat, Lakers, etc.? While looking modern, those uniforms aren't wild and crazy (a la 1995 Rockets pajamas).

13. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I can't tell you how much I hated pissing in those Dome troughs. Just the thought of seeing my urine mix with another man's urine makes me queasy. :(

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

I have never thought of it that way ......thanks F.A. Thanks alot.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Maybe she can also get us some Cirque Du Soleil music for the intros instead of that drumbeat stuff.

16. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Stop posting. Immediately.

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I actually like the Dome piss-troughs. You could cram like, 60 guys pissing in it at once, making the waits shorter than for the classier, one-man-only piss-catchers.

18. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Sucks if you get stage fright though......

19. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

What difference does that make? It isn't like you are making a drink or anything. The Dome Troughs were pretty cool. Pretty unique. The lines were kind of quick as well.

20. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Since the season tickets will include a group discount option, I wonder if there is any interest in a ccbbs section. I'd for sure be willing to get in on that.