1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ken Berger] Lakers and Celtics have discussed Rondo trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Commodore, Feb 15, 2013.

1. allaroundplayer

it would be a good trade for both teams. it probably depends on the additional players which is why it is denied in case it doesn't happen. for example, the celtics may be want nash too. theoretically it is how to beat miami, but i don't think howard is good enough to make the difference, unfortunately. i would prefer gasol instead of howard if i was boston. he is signed for next season. nash is signed for 2 more seasons. although, then the lakers would have to find another team to trade howard, because he is not going to resign with the Lakers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=bqzhxyz

2. allaroundplayer

this trade is successful

gasol
    nash
    to boston

rondo
    green
    bass
    bradley
    to lakers

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Sure, let's ignore that the main thing people complain about Lin is that his unreliable jumper which causes him to struggle playing with Harden....and that Rondo's is 1000 times worse.

Not to mention, "going all in" for love and not including Parsons isn't really "going all in."

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol, Laker fan alert here.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sources say Boston willing to trade injured PG Rajon Rondo in right deal. Wizards looking to move Jordan Crawford.</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/304044629978935296">February 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

More Broussard:

How likely are Cs to pull off a deal?

Ainge is one of the most active GMs. I'm told they're open to moving Rondo. With the knee problems, that's not likely. Pierce and Garnett are out there. Garnett to LAC probably won't happen. Garnett has the NTC. Only team would be the LAC but Billups doesn't think he'll do so. Garnett said he wants to stay in Boston. Only way he leaves if Pierce leaves. At the end of the day, a lot of talk, not sure anything gets done.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Not sure why the lakers think they need an all star PG? They clearly need better than Steve Blake, but any ball dominant PG won't fit with Kobe. They need a shooter / bring ball up the court guy... ie a prime Derek Fisher.

Clearly Rondo is a GREAT distributor, but seems like he'd be marginalized just like Nash is somewhat.

Not that I need to tell the Lakers what to focus on

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess Morey learned from one of the most active ones.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

I think they just want any foundational piece under contract for post-Kobe.