1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelvin Sampson in demand

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, May 1, 2013.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Jonathan Feigen
    ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
    Charlotte Bobcats have asked for permission to interview Rockets assistant Kelvin Sampson, source said. Sampson, an NC native, very ready.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 57m
    With Jim Boylan out as interim coach, Stan Van Gundy and Kelvin Sampson will be two top targets for Milwaukee, league sources tell Y!
    Retweeted by Jonathan Feigen

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

damn ...didn't see the other thread. please lock

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I've been saying is all season long Sampson is gone.

He will be a head coach next year if not we will get luck.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

[rQUOTEr]Sampson is well-regarded within the Bucks organization and the Bucks will aggressively pursue him along with Van Gundy, sources said. Sampson spent two seasons as an assistant with former Bucks coach Scott Skiles, and he knows the organization well.

Sampson has drawn significant interest as a head-coaching candidate this spring. Charlotte will interview him soon, and Philadelphia and Detroit also could reach out to meet with him, sources said. In addition, Sampson is a potential candidate for Brooklyn and the Los Angeles Clippers, if those teams make coaching changes.[/rQUOTEr]

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--bucks-target-stan-van-gundy--kelvin-sampson-as-coaching-candidates-183313798.html

6. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Wow didn't know how many teams were actively pursuing him.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I keep telling you guys it will be a big loss losing him. he is the guy behind McHale who has helped him improve his coaching. McHale is better now than he was last year or even better than earlier this year. I don't know if that is directly because he let's his staff have more input or indirectly because he is learning from those guys. Either way Sampson has been a big part of this team playing so well.

I would hate to lose him because I prefer him over McHale but I am happy for him. And the added bonus is I think Morey has a lot more to do with how we are playing than any of us know. I can't believe I am saying that but the way we play is so innovating. We can plug any piece in the puzzle and the play well. Players leave here and never play as good. I don't have proof that is all Morey and deserves the cridit but I can't explain it any other way. McHale has never been that type of coach. He is actually fighting Morey on playing people to the point Morey has to trade assets to force McHale's hand. So in the end whoever is coaching Morey will have some influence who plays and I am sure the replacement he picks will be top notch as well.

8. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Even other teams know McHale isn't the reason for the team's success

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Sampsonsanity. I wish he could have coached the Cavs. I could see a coach like him turning that franchise around instead of re-hiring Mike Brown.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Sampson mighta just got himself a LITTLE more in demand

11. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Sampson is definitely gone, great D gameplan