1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

kelvin cato?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rsx_htown, Aug 8, 2006.

1. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Whoever we go after, we need to do it quick...why don't we seem to be very aggressive...I know there isn't much out there but if we want somebody, whydon't we just go out there and do it....I expected alot more changes from the rockets this offseason than they have made....

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I don't know why, the last time they were relatively healthy they were a 50+ win team and took last years WC champs to 7 games. Just because some fans think the team needs a lot of changes, doesn't mean management agrees. That doesn't even address the fact that there are several new faces coming to the team.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

This offseason sure is quiet. So why not get Cato?

4. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

if we could get the guy for cheap, i'd do it in a heartbeat. we only got yao and mutumbo. of one goes out, we need another backup. cato has got the body and he did a decent job playin D against some of the better centers in the nba. he's aggressive and can bring a few swats per game.

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

That was a totally different team than this one. Wesley, Barry, Mutumbo were playing well, we had Padgett knocking down big 3's, Sura was healthy (healthier at least) and we had Mike James. Totally different team.

6. Aussie Dooley

Aussie Dooley Member

id rather have carl herrera playing PF. people talk about cato's rebounding and shot blocking skills being good, i think its just coz he's really bad at everything else those 'skills' he has stand out.

he's basically DJ Mbenga but older...

7. Aussie Dooley

Aussie Dooley Member

we could try and get the rights of scola from the spurs...

8. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

haryasz will likely be invited to training camp

9. jebustheomlet

jebustheomlet Member

Ha for those of you all that wanted lonnie baxter...he just got arrested!

go to espn.com and look in the news for proof

10. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

i would have never thot lonny baxter would be the one who did something like that

11. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I hope it dude, I hope it ... wait and see!

12. sparky

sparky Member

I like Haryasz, although I like Wang Zhi zhi better.

I was watching the China v PR game and I forgot that he has size, enough to occasionally backup Yao and Deke at center. What always has impressed me about Wang is that he has a nice shot, he can shoot 3's. This would be good if he was on the floor with Yao, if a team was to try to double Yao with 2 bigs, Wang could spread the floor without giving anything up on the defensive end to a big.
    I am not chinese. I just think he is a good big. What do you think?

13. momosworld

momosworld Member

Is Wang available? Where is he now?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Haryasz instead of Lampe?

I do not see the upgrade?

15. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

If the Rockets do get an experienced big man, I'm guessing it'll be a last-minute deal like Jim Jackson's a few years ago to pick up a guy who unexpectedly gets left out in the cold after holding out for a good deal all offseason. Cato could be that guy.

As for Haryasz, I'd sign him for his name alone. :) Seriously though, I think he deserves a camp invite and a chance to make the team. From the summer league video I saw, the difference between Haryasz and Lampe is that Haryasz hustles and Lampe never really looks like he's putting out max effort even in the few garbage minutes he got.